PDA

View Full Version : Lifting my 2000 xj

Bojack67
10-19-2015, 10:14 AM
I'm in the process of putting a 4.5" lift on my jeep. I'm unable to turn the bolts on the front of the leaf springs. I've had an impact drill on them and they will not budge! Any suggestions or tips would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks

Mudderoy
10-19-2015, 02:36 PM
I'm in the process of putting a 4.5" lift on my jeep. I'm unable to turn the bolts on the front of the leaf springs. I've had an impact drill on them and they will not budge! Any suggestions or tips would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks

I've never had the problem, but I've hear horror stories of people that have. Have you soaked it in PB Blaster yet?

xj-jake
10-19-2015, 02:38 PM
PB blaster and/or heat! Are you putting in full leafs or just add leafs? If you're just doing add leafs you can get by without pulling that bolt out..

Bojack67
10-19-2015, 03:26 PM
Thanks for the replies. Im just doing add a leafs. I thought maybe I could get by with just removing the rear bolts. I accidentally posting this question a second time so excuse me for that. I couldn't find my original post.
Bojack67

abebehrmann
10-19-2015, 03:27 PM
I know some people who swear by this stuff, CRC Freeze off. It looks like it should work to break up the rust and get some penetrating oil in there. I've never had to use more than PB Blaster on my Jeep as it's spent it's whole life in FL and a few months in TX so far.

abebehrmann
10-19-2015, 03:30 PM
Thanks for the replies. Im just doing add a leafs. I thought maybe I could get by with just removing the rear bolts. I accidentally posting this question a second time so excuse me for that. I couldn't find my original post.
Bojack67

Oh yeah, in that case I would just leave the main leaf bolted up and take apart the leaf pack while still on the Jeep. It makes assembly of the leaf pack a little bit harder but at least you won't have to deal with those pesky bolts.

nickyg
10-19-2015, 04:34 PM
Oh yeah, in that case I would just leave the main leaf bolted up and take apart the leaf pack while still on the Jeep. It makes assembly of the leaf pack a little bit harder but at least you won't have to deal with those pesky bolts.

X2 on Just leave em in if your doing add a leaf. For future reference whenever I have to do some work I soak it down with PB Blaster evreyday for about a week.

Bojack67
10-19-2015, 05:20 PM
Thanks for the replies guys.