PDA

View Full Version : Drop Brackets and caster issue

claydoh
09-04-2015, 05:11 PM
Hey all,
This is my first post anywhere about this. I have been searching forums for months about this issue and I cant find a solution.
About 6 months ago I installed RCX drop brackets on a 4.5 inch lift. I have stock upper and lower control arms, and with the lowers adjusted all the way forward my spring rubs on the track bar mount and my caster is barely 2 degrees.
If i get lower adjustable arms to correct caster, will my spring placement get worse? Or will it rotate the axle thus correcting caster and spring rubbing? My other thought is to buy shorter upper arms, but i cant find anything shorter than the stock 15".
Thanks

4.3LXJ
09-04-2015, 05:20 PM
I think that to answer your question about the spring, I need some pics of what is happening

claydoh
09-04-2015, 05:32 PM
https://goo.gl/photos/amUAbbbt5oPF9beVA

First two pics are the drivers side and the last one is passenger.

4.3LXJ
09-04-2015, 07:10 PM
That is kind of what I thought, but I wanted to be sure. Yes, correcting your castor angle will help that a lot. An adjustable lower link would help that out I think

claydoh
09-04-2015, 07:54 PM
Thanks for the response. I guess if i push the lowers out, it will rotate the perch and correct the spring. This is surprising due to every other forum post i read that says at 4.5 inches of lift, stock arms with a drop kit is perfect.

4.3LXJ
09-04-2015, 08:26 PM
Well, I suppose it could be, but it all depends on how the bracket is made