PDA

View Full Version : Yay or nay?

xj-jake
09-03-2015, 05:57 PM
Talked to the dude man guy on the phone. He emailed me almost $3000 worth of receipts. Guy's got a little bit of an emotional attachment to it but I can get a decent deal on it. Sounds like he's had a bit of a rough go lately and just cant afford to fix it. Clean MN title as the driver of the other car didn't have insurance and he didn't turn it in to his due to no full coverage. I'm hoping I can pass some of this stuff that I don't need on to you guys! What say you :xjtalk: is it worth it?

http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/dak/bar/5182187023.html

XJ Wheeler
09-03-2015, 06:39 PM
Tough one. You would have to assume the body is trash so look at it as parts. Although, it doesn't look TOO bad, might be worth fixing to save a nice jeep.

But, I would say $1000-1200 would be fair. Although I don't know the difference in values in your area.

Sent via messenger pigeon. I talk, he types.

4.3LXJ
09-03-2015, 08:07 PM
That is a tough call. I guess it would depend on how much of it you wanted to keep. I would gauge it that way. Do you want $1500 worth of stuff for your own rig. Resale value on the rest is not always as good as you might think

drakan1908
09-03-2015, 08:38 PM
If you were just getting ready to build a Cherokee I think this would be a good deal. The parts alone would be worth more than 1500. Around here the motor would go for 5 to 6 hundred as they are getting hard to find around here.

sent from a van down by the river

prcjeep
09-04-2015, 08:55 AM
I say yay, if you can get it a little lower. I would look for a clean body xj that has engine/drive train issues being sold for next to nothing and then swap over

abebehrmann
09-04-2015, 09:08 AM
I agree with others. If you can get it for around $1k I would do the deal. If it were much more than that I would have to think long and hard. What parts are you specifically wanting for your Jeep?

xj-jake
09-04-2015, 09:23 AM
I agree with others. If you can get it for around $1k I would do the deal. If it were much more than that I would have to think long and hard. What parts are you specifically wanting for your Jeep?

I don't "need" any of it really but the motor mounts would go into mine along with the injectors, throttle body, battery, I'd probably switch the winch over for the wireless remote. I have no use for the exhaust (just put one on mine), I'd probably keep the 231 on hand or put it in. I need a rear bumper, which is custom on this one, front bumper I haven't decided on yet. I personally wouldn't mind having a D30 laying around for parts. Around here the yards get $100 for extra D30 shafts or $150 for a complete axle. The motor should bring $500. The rear axle in my area should bring $2-250 ish. I think I can get what I need, or want, and sell off what I don't need and maybe come out okay...

cantab27
09-04-2015, 04:12 PM
can ya view it ..........shes had a good tap for bar to be like that ....engine might run but that's a lot of juice on the ground........running gear could be mutted......seen similar damage which resulted in crack tc ........I would be viewing with silly cash amount in pocket .....

Carves
09-05-2015, 07:53 AM
I would ignore the value of the receipts.

Its a junked vehicle ... and from past experience with a few vehicles, I would consider everything in front of the engine as suspect.

Offer the poor bugger a silly low amount, and see how you go.

xj-jake
09-05-2015, 08:14 AM
Yeah I can look at it but its a decent drive. If I commit I told him I'd be giving it a good look over and even then I wouldn't be afraid to walk away from the deal.

Mudderoy
09-05-2015, 08:23 AM
I don't "need" any of it really but the motor mounts would go into mine along with the injectors, throttle body, battery, I'd probably switch the winch over for the wireless remote. I have no use for the exhaust (just put one on mine), I'd probably keep the 231 on hand or put it in. I need a rear bumper, which is custom on this one, front bumper I haven't decided on yet. I personally wouldn't mind having a D30 laying around for parts. Around here the yards get $100 for extra D30 shafts or $150 for a complete axle. The motor should bring $500. The rear axle in my area should bring $2-250 ish. I think I can get what I need, or want, and sell off what I don't need and maybe come out okay...

By low sell high. Business is business.

JENSSEN
09-05-2015, 11:47 PM
$1000-$1200 yay!!!