PDA

View Full Version : Couldn't Stay Away

TimmyTXJ
08-20-2015, 08:52 AM
I must admit, selling my little XJ left a big hole in my heart. Although I rarely drove it, just owning that 4x4 gave me a sense of well being, one of being able to go anywhere. So it shouldn't come as too big a surprise to any of my old pals here that it wasn't long before I bought a new Jeep.

While not technically an XJ, my new WK2 is closer to what I believe the XJ should have become (minus all the chrome). I just thought I'd post here for old times sake and show off my new toy with it's latest mod. My original plan remains unchanged... I'm going overland in this sucker!

http://www.office2overland.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/08/IMG_0261.jpg

Mudderoy
08-20-2015, 09:22 AM
Not sure if you ever listened to the podcast, but we've changed the show name to JEEP TALK SHOW! and Cody has started doing a regular Grand Cherokee segment.

Thanks for sharing with us.

Does Jennifer still have her YJ?

bluedragon436
08-20-2015, 09:27 AM
Nice looking WK2.. I think they look pretty clean.. and I'd rather that be called the Cherokee instead of that abomination they did call the Cherokee... Got a co-worker that has a WK2, only thing that stinks is as of right now there is like nothing out for them... I do like that they have the 5.7L Hemi... I will say that... lol... Can't wait till they either start putting out more for them or people start building more... But they look pretty good as is... till the comfort ride suspension goes out (if you have that)...

TimmyTXJ
08-20-2015, 09:46 AM
We've had a bit of a changeover at our house with the goal of reducing our "fleet" as much as possible. Jen YJ has been replaced with a brand new JKU Sahara which is now her daily driver. We're both pretty happy with our new toys. :)

TimmyTXJ
08-20-2015, 09:48 AM
Nice looking WK2.. I think they look pretty clean.. and I'd rather that be called the Cherokee instead of that abomination they did call the Cherokee... Got a co-worker that has a WK2, only thing that stinks is as of right now there is like nothing out for them... I do like that they have the 5.7L Hemi... I will say that... lol... Can't wait till they either start putting out more for them or people start building more... But they look pretty good as is... till the comfort ride suspension goes out (if you have that)...

Thanks! I am fortunate to have found one with a Hemi and no air ride suspension. I just recently installed an all spring 2" lift and replaced the horrible stock shocks. I need to take a few psi out of the tires but apart from that, the ride is very nice!

Mudderoy
08-20-2015, 09:48 AM
We've had a bit of a changeover at our house with the goal of reducing our "fleet" as much as possible. Jen YJ has been replaced with a brand new JKU Sahara which is now her daily driver. We're both pretty happy with our new toys. :)

Tell her to check out http://JeepMomma.com/ Tammy, a new addition to the show has a 2015 JKU Rubicon and has been doing many mods to it. :D

tinythexj
08-20-2015, 06:10 PM
Tell her to check out http://JeepMomma.com/ Tammy, a new addition to the show has a 2015 JKU Rubicon and has been doing many mods to it. :D

Have your wife head over to and sign up for Wrangler Talk forum as well;)

My wife wants to do a Grand Cherokee but I'd prefer to do a TJ where I know I'd get more bang for my buck. I still can't justify paying that much money for a JK and I don't like the 3.8L motors that comes in the cheaper older models.

Brasscatz
08-21-2015, 08:49 PM
Dang, that thing is looking nice, Tim! I hadn't seen it since you got the new wheels on... sweet!

TimmyTXJ
08-24-2015, 07:43 AM
Have your wife head over to and sign up for Wrangler Talk forum as well;)

My wife wants to do a Grand Cherokee but I'd prefer to do a TJ where I know I'd get more bang for my buck. I still can't justify paying that much money for a JK and I don't like the 3.8L motors that comes in the cheaper older models.

For what its worth, there is a big difference in ride quality between the TJ and the newer JKs. If she is going to drive the Jeep daily, The JK might be worth a second look. I have no complaints with the drivetrain either, we got near 20mpg on our Colorado trip last month.

TimmyTXJ
08-24-2015, 07:45 AM
Dang, that thing is looking nice, Tim! I hadn't seen it since you got the new wheels on... sweet!

Thanks Jim! We'll have to get together soon so you can check out the changes in person... the pictures really don't do it justice!

abebehrmann
08-24-2015, 12:31 PM
Nice rides! I'm a bit jealous of the shiny new Jeeps, but not jealous of the car payments you're probably making each month to keep them in your driveway! Oh well, probably still less than my student loan payment every month... :crazy::smiley-scared002::boohoo:

At least you have something cool to drive around town and softly caress in your garage. You can only stroke a diploma so many times... :rolleye0012:

TimmyTXJ
08-24-2015, 12:42 PM
Nice rides! I'm a bit jealous of the shiny new Jeeps, but not jealous of the car payments you're probably making each month to keep them in your driveway! Oh well, probably still less than my student loan payment every month... :crazy::smiley-scared002::boohoo:

At least you have something cool to drive around town and softly caress in your garage. You can only stroke a diploma so many times... :rolleye0012:

That diploma may not be as fun to caress but it's worth a fleet of shiny new Jeeps! There's no way I'd be as fortunate as I am today without putting in the time and effort to get my degree.