PDA

View Full Version : Welcome WAS95X!!!

Brasscatz
08-13-2015, 07:17 PM
Hi WAS95X, :welcome: to the :xjtalk: forum!

We would love to know more about you and your Jeep. How you found us, etc...

Be sure and check out our XJ TALK SHOW! (http://podcasts.xjtalk.com) It\'s about Cherokees! It\'s like a radio talk show, but from the Internet.

Check out our sister sites, http://www.WranglerTalk.com/ and http://www.di-dah-dit.com/

GoneWithTheWind
08-13-2015, 10:11 PM
Thank you, I'm glad to be here! I was looking at 205's website and saw a link to XJ Talk, I've been learning a lot since then. I've been trying to post some pics, but I'm having trouble getting them to the right size. I haven't had my Jeep long and have been fixing a lot of neglect. I'm also installing new springs and shocks, going through the suspension but no lift planned for it so far. Thanks again for the welcome, happy trails.

XJ Wheeler
08-15-2015, 02:01 AM
Hey Tim, welcome to xjtalk. Congrats on the new rig. If you need any help feel free to ask. We're the helping kind of people. :D

I usually can't upload a pic if it's much over 3MB. Hope that helps, in some way. :p

Sent via messenger pigeon. I talk, he types.

bluedragon436
08-15-2015, 09:13 AM
:welcome: to :xjtalk1: from Delaware!! I have found that the best and easiest way for me to share pics of my rig or anything else I want to share a pic of, is to go through a picture hosting site like Photobucket (www.photobucket.com).. It usually will resize down to the proper size needed, not to mention there are usually some other edit options you can do if say your picture is sideways or even upside down..

runnerswife
08-15-2015, 11:44 AM
Welcome! Ask anything. Get to know a few people. Listen to the Jeep Talk Show. :)

GoneWithTheWind
08-15-2015, 12:32 PM
Thank you Jake, James and Kendra! The few pics that I have of my jeep need to be resized. I used to use gimp, but they're having problems, and I'm just now getting used to the new windows 10. I'll check out the photobucket and see if I can figure that out (I might need to borrow a friends kid to help me). I'll try and make my dog my avatar and take a few more pics of my jeep. What i have been able to upload so far have been under 4mp. I got my front springs in yesterday and found that my sway bar is a little bent. The work never ends with these jeeps, right? Thanks for the help.

GoneWithTheWind
08-15-2015, 01:15 PM
I don't think photobucket will work for me. Any other photo sizing sites out there?

bluedragon436
08-15-2015, 01:28 PM
Why won't Photobucket work for you?? You can try Flickr

www.flickr.com (https://www.flickr.com/)

bluedragon436
08-15-2015, 01:30 PM
Thank you Jake, James and Kendra! The few pics that I have of my jeep need to be resized. I used to use gimp, but they're having problems, and I'm just now getting used to the new windows 10. I'll check out the photobucket and see if I can figure that out (I might need to borrow a friends kid to help me). I'll try and make my dog my avatar and take a few more pics of my jeep. What i have been able to upload so far have been under 4mp. I got my front springs in yesterday and found that my sway bar is a little bent. The work never ends with these jeeps, right? Thanks for the help.

The work never ends... but in the delays between the need for work... is a great and enjoyable time that makes the work all worth it!!

GoneWithTheWind
08-15-2015, 01:38 PM
I don't use facebook,and most things associated with it. Why do these sites need so much personal information? I don't trust facebook and that's why I like to use sites like gimp. Gimp is still there, but it is going through some changes right now.

GoneWithTheWind
08-15-2015, 01:42 PM
Not complaining about the work, I enjoy it! I just want to do most repairs in the driveway, not out in the woods.

bluedragon436
08-15-2015, 02:28 PM
I don't use facebook,and most things associated with it. Why do these sites need so much personal information? I don't trust facebook and that's why I like to use sites like gimp. Gimp is still there, but it is going through some changes right now.

Yeah I hear ya.... Luckily for me I had a Photobucket account prior to Facebook taking over everything... I hear ya on the Gimp... I use to run Gimp on my Ubuntu laptops/desktops.... Haven't added it on my Macbook Pro yet... but have been considering it... but have been reading about it having some issues...

GoneWithTheWind
08-15-2015, 06:45 PM
There are some malware sites pretending to be gimp, and it's important your on a real gimp site before you download anything. I'm still checking out their changes. I lived off grid for awhile and I'm playing catch up w/technology. Sometimes I feel like I've just learned how to spell computor.

Poorboy
08-19-2015, 01:28 PM
Welcome WAS95X!

Photobucket works fine for posting pictures to the forums.

Glad to see another person that is giving their XJ some much needed TLC.

According to your Zip code on your profile, you're not far from me (I'm right across the Interstate Bridge). We should meet sometime!

GoneWithTheWind
08-19-2015, 03:19 PM
Hi Poorboy! I don't get to that side of the river much, but we can meet up sometime. The freeway is backed up on my side from about 2pm through rush hours. I'm getting ready to go camping in a few days and I'll be back in about a week or so, so maybe sometime after that. I don't know what kind of code reader you have but you can use my scanner if you ever need to. Do you get up around Mt. Hood much? Tillamook?

Poorboy
08-19-2015, 03:32 PM
I work across the river so I can meet you on that side. :) I haven't got the chance to make it out to Mt. Hood or tsf this year, I've been working extra hours and have been just plain busy. I feel you on the traffic, headed to SE everyday for work is a sea of taillights.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

GoneWithTheWind
08-19-2015, 04:08 PM
I'll let you know when I get back, we'll figure out something then. It's best to get the hours when you can, they add up to more parts for the Jeep.