PDA

View Full Version : New

dsump
11-10-2009, 05:31 PM
I hate the rules to have to post before selling something, especially since I am selling my XJ. I'm in Ohio and have loved my XJ since new in 96, Family grew to big to carry everyone. Need a third row seat in a longer Cherokee or have to sell it. I'll find some other places in here to post, maybe I can help out a few guys while trying to selling my beast.

Voldemort
11-10-2009, 06:00 PM
Those rules are just so guys do not come here to scam people. Also welcome and what part of Ohio are you from?

Dirt Dogg Rydas
11-10-2009, 07:20 PM
Welcome!!!

Mudderoy
11-10-2009, 09:14 PM
I hate the rules to have to post before selling something, especially since I am selling my XJ. I'm in Ohio and have loved my XJ since new in 96, Family grew to big to carry everyone. Need a third row seat in a longer Cherokee or have to sell it. I'll find some other places in here to post, maybe I can help out a few guys while trying to selling my beast.

Yeah sorry about that. That was changed recently and requested by several members so we didn't have people just doing a drive by.

And DON'T SELL THE XJ! I mean unless you have 5 or your planning on buying another. You'll be sorry. :smiley-scared002:

Melissa
11-10-2009, 09:24 PM
Welcome!!

Good luck with the sale of your XJ

UKJeepThang
11-11-2009, 07:08 AM
Welcome dude from a drizzly UK :headshake:

BlueXJ
11-11-2009, 08:01 AM
Sorry you have to sell it. You should have found us earlier. Are you looking for a short bus now??

96xj
11-11-2009, 09:16 AM
:welcome: to xjtalk from florida

tbone
11-11-2009, 04:48 PM
Hello and welcome from TN. :patriot:

dsump
11-12-2009, 01:43 PM
Wow what a great welcome. You guys are great. Yeah looking for a short bus. I am working out a deal for a trade with a fella for his suburban.

I bought my XJ in 96 and my Brother bought his TJ in 97, we went all over the US on Jeep Jamborees and then bought property so we could ride whenever we wanted to. That was a long time ago. Last time I went out for a true offroad adventure in the XJ was 8yrs ago when my wife was pregnant with our oldest daughter. We went to the Daniel Boone Nat Forest and I almost turned the XJ over two times. The first I was going up a hill and there were deep drop offs due to the rain and erosion. So I tried to turn left and angle away from the crevasses. Just then the front of the XJ went straight up in the air and the rear was balancing on the corner of the rear bumper. We could have fallen over 100ft. I put it in reverse and it brought the front end down. We were lucky. My wife was pissed. The second time we were turning down a slope and it had a 90 degree turn to continue on the path but straight down hill. I turned and the front of the XJ fell straight down and the back end tipped straight up. The big guy behind me got out of my brother's TJ and pulled on my rear bumper and was able to put enough weight on the back to teeter me on the ground so I could get traction. These two incidents stopped my wife from coming out with me. Now we have 4 children and I lost my interest. It just sits in my heated garage until hunting season when I take her down the road to hunt.

Mudderoy
11-12-2009, 02:00 PM
Wow what a great welcome. You guys are great. Yeah looking for a short bus. I am working out a deal for a trade with a fella for his suburban.

I bought my XJ in 96 and my Brother bought his TJ in 97, we went all over the US on Jeep Jamborees and then bought property so we could ride whenever we wanted to. That was a long time ago. Last time I went out for a true offroad adventure in the XJ was 8yrs ago when my wife was pregnant with our oldest daughter. We went to the Daniel Boone Nat Forest and I almost turned the XJ over two times. The first I was going up a hill and there were deep drop offs due to the rain and erosion. So I tried to turn left and angle away from the crevasses. Just then the front of the XJ went straight up in the air and the rear was balancing on the corner of the rear bumper. We could have fallen over 100ft. I put it in reverse and it brought the front end down. We were lucky. My wife was pissed. The second time we were turning down a slope and it had a 90 degree turn to continue on the path but straight down hill. I turned and the front of the XJ fell straight down and the back end tipped straight up. The big guy behind me got out of my brother's TJ and pulled on my rear bumper and was able to put enough weight on the back to teeter me on the ground so I could get traction. These two incidents stopped my wife from coming out with me. Now we have 4 children and I lost my interest. It just sits in my heated garage until hunting season when I take her down the road to hunt.

Well that's a shame, but it sounds like it's a well thought out decision. We had a guy a couple of months ago sell his freshly painted XJ, bought a Mustang GT then a month later he was selling the Mustang and lining up another XJ.

I drive mine everyday to and from work.

N1TZU
11-12-2009, 05:31 PM
Hello dsump,Welcome to XJT....I can see your reasoning on selling for a larger vehicle.Things do change when making and raising a family...Oh and on the close calls when out with you wife,very glad no one got injured...It can be hazardis wheeling as you know first hand......Hope you find a great deal......Bob in Maine.......