PDA

View Full Version : Dealer tweek

OGCollard
08-10-2015, 10:09 PM
I read that when you switch engines and stab your cam, once you get it running you should have dealer reset the computer. I know these computers learn and adjust as you drive them. Mine wants to die at idle. Not real quick. It wanrs to keep running. Do you think the computer will adjust as time goes on or should i have the dealer tweek the computer to get the timing set perfectly?

Mudderoy
08-11-2015, 01:19 AM
I read that when you switch engines and stab your cam, once you get it running you should have dealer reset the computer. I know these computers learn and adjust as you drive them. Mine wants to die at idle. Not real quick. It wanrs to keep running. Do you think the computer will adjust as time goes on or should i have the dealer tweek the computer to get the timing set perfectly?

If you take the positive battery cable OFF the battery and ground it to the chassis for 30 seconds (maybe it's 3 minutes can't remember) it clears the computer and everything is back to defaults. I ground mine on one of the A/C compressor bolts.

I still maintain you have a problem with a sensor or your timing isn't right. Did you clean your idle air controller? Throttle body?

Oh the CAM is stock, correct?

OGCollard
08-11-2015, 06:44 AM
Avtually, i dont think i have a sensor issue. I turned it on, broke in the cam, changed oil and then turned on again twice just for a moment. The computer really has not even had a chance to see what idle means now. I think an hours worth of acual driving tonight will help it adjust everything.