PDA

View Full Version : I was totally bumming on WARM AC, but what is this?

OldFaurt
08-05-2015, 09:45 PM
Well, the AC was not All Cool any more so I looked to see what could be done with R-12 substitutions...
So checked out the Compressor to see if it could be used or retro-fitted for use with R-134a so I could do a conversion and low and behold!
Somebody had beat me to it!

So went and got the can of R-134a with the gaugy thingy, A/C PRO 20oz can, snapped it on the fitting, shook & squeezed... WOW Instant RED ZONE CRAP.
One has to be sure to turn the valve on the back of the compressor to mid position or it is sealed of from the service port. DOH! :mad:
Well that done, Sure enough , reads about 15psi :pray:
So, :pray: shake / squeeze, :pray: shake / squeeze, :pray: shake / squeeze Now it shows about 45psi
and nicely in the green zone! :bacondance:

And yes, my daily 3 hour commute is now my "Chill Out" period of the day again!
Being in Texas, that is a must!

XJ Wheeler
08-06-2015, 12:30 AM
Just got mine working a few months ago after about four years. I feel your satisfaction. :D

Sent via messenger pigeon. I talk, he types.

OldFaurt
08-06-2015, 09:21 PM
Just got mine working a few months ago after about four years. I feel your satisfaction. :D

This last few weeks were getting UGLY and getting the cool back was a God send!
From what I have found, the conversion process is not all that bad for the Jeep.
I found a good pdf I could share if anyone wants it!

AC is Now working for 3 hours a day 5 days, AC and pressure are stable and it's COOL!
Will use my thermometer to see what outlet temp. is Saturday!

XJ Wheeler
08-06-2015, 11:33 PM
This last few weeks were getting UGLY and getting the cool back was a God send!
From what I have found, the conversion process is not all that bad for the Jeep.
I found a good pdf I could share if anyone wants it!

AC is Now working for 3 hours a day 5 days, AC and pressure are stable and it's COOL!
Will use my thermometer to see what outlet temp. is Saturday!

Ugh, it really has been bad. Worse than the last couple years. (Hopefully we don't get the drought like 2011) And ac is pretty much mandatory if you're around town for a while.

I'm sure someone can use that file. Anyone without working ac is no doubt considering it. :D