PDA

View Full Version : Renegades

NC_Xplorer
08-03-2015, 06:11 PM
Am up in the Norfolk, Va. area for work. While driving back to my hotel from customers site, I saw a car hauler loaded down with what I can only guess we're the new Renegades. I had to do a double take as it was the first time I have seen any. They are really tiny! Only way I knew what they were was because of the grill...it is the only thing that resembles a Jeep. Guess it won't be long before I see them actually driving in the road.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

4.3LXJ
08-03-2015, 06:36 PM
They are kind of cute though

NC_Xplorer
08-03-2015, 06:41 PM
I need to take a closer look before I make an opinion.

Carves
08-03-2015, 08:57 PM
Just looking at the piccy Joliet Johnny posted,
http://www.xjtalk.com/showpost.php?p=211740&postcount=1

... they are not that small.

Either that, or the poor ol XJ,

... is not the great big "truck", everybody thinks it is .. :D:D

Not that Ive got any interest in new vehicles ... but I think the renegade, despite it having an inappropriate name ... is probably going to a popular little unit.

... It dont look anything like the "Renegade", I nearly bought new back in the late 70"s .. ;);) .. :D

Mayooo
08-04-2015, 07:04 AM
My wife told me lastnight that she want to trade the car in for one.

prerunner1982
08-04-2015, 04:45 PM
Like I have said before they look better than the Cherokee.
The Cherokee looks adopted, the Renegade at least looks like a half sibling to a Jeep.

XJ Wheeler
08-05-2015, 04:12 PM
It's kinda like a baby pig. Plump, disproportioned, and kinda cute at certain angles. But capable, legendary "Jeep"...... I think not. Nothing more than a competitor for the cube, soul, tiny-hipster-cute-boxy cars. Don't know why they can't be different than everyone else like previously. They were pretty successful back when Jeep was.... "Jeep". Just not on a global level. I think American automakers are more worried about non-American sales. :rolleyes:

Sent via messenger pigeon. I talk, he types.

tinythexj
08-05-2015, 04:25 PM
I agree with most of that but we also have to remember that some of these models are coming online to help with the brands average MPG due to all this new government and EPA BS standards that all auto makers have to abide by. If Jeep has to release a Renegade or two in order to help the Wrangler stick around longer then so be it. I hate that the Cherokee name badge has been bastardized and a better design and look could have been achieved but sadly many companies are sharing platforms across all badges in order to help cut costs.

prerunner1982
08-05-2015, 04:29 PM
I agree with most of that but we also have to remember that some of these models are coming online to help with the brands average MPG due to all this new government and EPA BS standards that all auto makers have to abide by. If Jeep has to release a Renegade or two in order to help the Wrangler stick around longer then so be it.

Exactly....

XJ Wheeler
08-05-2015, 09:06 PM
I agree with most of that but we also have to remember that some of these models are coming online to help with the brands average MPG due to all this new government and EPA BS standards that all auto makers have to abide by. If Jeep has to release a Renegade or two in order to help the Wrangler stick around longer then so be it. I hate that the Cherokee name badge has been bastardized and a better design and look could have been achieved but sadly many companies are sharing platforms across all badges in order to help cut costs.

I get that. One thing I've wondered about is how Ram can get by. I know they have the vans too but how can they have just those models and beat the epa standards. And can they do the same with the wrangler. Just separate from jeep, let it go down the drain, and start the "Wrangler" brand...

Sent via messenger pigeon - i talk, he types.

tinythexj
08-06-2015, 03:36 PM
The Wrangler similar gas mileage as a Dodge Ram if not worse, Dodge also has all the cars to help them out as well. The Wrangler is a considered a dinosaur by many in the automotive industry and very few of them are actually used for their intended purpose with more of them being used to mall crawl or a "cool" suv. The JK line is very capable platform but with the constant addition of electronics and ever increasing laws it will lose many great features in the near future regardless of what FCA engineers say.

NC_Xplorer
08-06-2015, 05:32 PM
The same thing is happening to the Wrangler that happened to pickup, more people who were used to driving cars bought them because they were 'the IN vehicle' to drive or have. Over time, those people complained about the ride or the lack of creature comforts. Which led manufacturers to give the truck a more car like ride along with the amenities that most cars had. The Wrangler will be neutered as more and more non off road people purchase them to drive on paved roads and will never be driven off the pavement. Plus the head of the company probably has no interest in off road capabilities.

TallGuyJeep
08-07-2015, 12:05 PM
My Dad is always saying to me how Jeep should have an option for the Wrangler to be bought BUILT from the factory. Heavy duty everything, winch, bumpers, rock sliders, lift, tires, and put a HEMI in it, not some under powered garbage. Something that the true off-road guys can get really excited about. Kind of like the Ford Raptor, you can drive that thing off the showroom floor and then JUMP IT. A Jeep you can take from the dealer and go straight to Moab and do Hell's Revenge. And then drive to work because you didn't break anything. I would love to see something like that. :pray:

NC_Xplorer
08-07-2015, 12:08 PM
http://www.rubitrux.com/

That's what this place does out in Boone, NC.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

TallGuyJeep
08-07-2015, 12:21 PM
That's pretty cool! That Project Vandal looks crazy! Jeep should take some inspiration from those guys.