PDA

View Full Version : With Sadness and Excitement...

Mudderoy
08-01-2015, 06:00 PM
It was with sadness and excitement that I turn to a new chapter.

XJ Wheeler
08-01-2015, 08:47 PM
Couldn't believe it when I saw it. You've changed....

:poke:

Sent via messenger pigeon. I talk, he types.

thesupercroc
08-01-2015, 08:51 PM
looks good!

Carves
08-02-2015, 04:49 AM
:thumbsup:

tinythexj
08-02-2015, 11:59 AM
They'll have to reshoot the news piece to highlight the new sticker.

LGrocks
08-02-2015, 06:01 PM
Love it! I need one.

denverd1
08-02-2015, 06:52 PM
Alright! Graphic looks great

sent from my Samsoon S5 from the bottom of a mud hole

Mudderoy
08-02-2015, 07:20 PM
If anyone is interested in this sticker send me a PM for the price.

Brasscatz
08-02-2015, 11:23 PM
Couldn't put it on the other side and keep the xjt sticker?

Mudderoy
08-03-2015, 09:22 AM
Couldn't put it on the other side and keep the xjt sticker?

:xjtalk: sticker was on both sides, just like this sticker is. :P

abebehrmann
08-03-2015, 09:26 AM
I've said it once and I'll say it again, IT'S TOO DAMN SHINY!

What kinda guy has MUD in his name but never gets his Jeep dirty?!?!

:D:D:smiley-scared003::smiley-taunt002::poke:

Mudderoy
08-03-2015, 10:11 AM
I've said it once and I'll say it again, IT'S TOO DAMN SHINY!

What kinda guy has MUD in his name but never gets his Jeep dirty?!?!

:D:D:smiley-scared003::smiley-taunt002::poke:

I have a spastic colon. :P

denverd1
08-03-2015, 12:26 PM
I have a spastic colon. [emoji14]
Offroad crapper FTW.

So the podcast is changing, what about the site?

Sent from my SCH-I905 using Tapatalk

Mudderoy
08-03-2015, 01:46 PM
Offroad crapper FTW.

So the podcast is changing, what about the site?

If you mean :xjtalk: negative! :D

http://xjtalkshow.com/ is now http://JeepTalkShow.com/

prerunner1982
08-04-2015, 07:07 PM
Show contributors should get free stickers...

denverd1
08-05-2015, 09:27 AM
Guess im supposed to listen hours and hours of podcast audio to know whats going on. Since thats not happening ill just keep tinkering on ma jeep and helping out others when i can. The site seems like it should stand on its own. JMO

Mudderoy
08-05-2015, 12:47 PM
Guess im supposed to listen hours and hours of podcast audio to know whats going on. Since thats not happening ill just keep tinkering on ma jeep and helping out others when i can. The site seems like it should stand on its own. JMO

I guess you missed my reply, or I don't understand what your reply is in reference to.

xjtalk.com is not changing it's name.

prerunner1982
08-05-2015, 12:54 PM
Guess im supposed to listen hours and hours of podcast audio to know whats going on. Since thats not happening...

Guess that answers Tammy's question from last weeks episode.

denverd1
08-05-2015, 02:56 PM
Guess that answers Tammy's question from last weeks episode.

wouldn't have any idea

abebehrmann
08-05-2015, 03:05 PM
Guess im supposed to listen hours and hours of podcast audio to know whats going on.

They've known you haven't been listening for a while and make sure to make fun of you at least one time per episode. :mock::smiley-taunt002:

denverd1
08-05-2015, 03:16 PM
They've known you haven't been listening for a while and make sure to make fun of you at least one time per episode. :mock::smiley-taunt002:

Oh I'm sure there are much better things to talk about! I actually listened the other day. Thought about buying Tony audio editing software

Mudderoy
08-05-2015, 04:08 PM
Oh I'm sure there are much better things to talk about! I actually listened the other day. Thought about buying Tony audio editing software

I have Adobe Audition. Do you know anything about audio editing? I'd be happy to learn, always interested in the show sounding good.

denverd1
08-05-2015, 04:40 PM
I have Adobe Audition. Do you know anything about audio editing? I'd be happy to learn, always interested in the show sounding good.

I can handle the basics, but know nothing about Audition. If its anything like Adobe's (especially photoshop) other offerings, you'll need 9 hours at the local juco just to get to first base in the program. I've used free software in the past that handled what I was doing (cutting sections and miscues, creating seamless volume transitions, fading in and out, intros, etc) that had a VERY short learning curve. I listen to several podcasts and have come to appreciate those with a bit of production value. To at least be able to cut mistakes out takes the cast up many notches.

Mudderoy
08-05-2015, 04:49 PM
I can handle the basics, but know nothing about Audition. If its anything like Adobe's (especially photoshop) other offerings, you'll need 9 hours at the local juco just to get to first base in the program. I've used free software in the past that handled what I was doing (cutting sections and miscues, creating seamless volume transitions, fading in and out, intros, etc) that had a VERY short learning curve. I listen to several podcasts and have come to appreciate those with a bit of production value. To at least be able to cut mistakes out takes the cast up many notches.

Okay so what you're talking about editing isn't the overall sound quality, but removing things like mistakes and out takes?

denverd1
08-05-2015, 04:51 PM
Okay so what you're talking about editing isn't the overall sound quality, but removing things like mistakes and out takes?

Well when you ask Tammy ON AIR to repeat her lines because you fat-fingered the board, you don't want to cut that out? at least chat message her!!

Overall quality is fine. you could compress to any bitrate you want in some of them if that tickles any fancies

Do you listen to other podcasts?

Mudderoy
08-05-2015, 04:59 PM
Well when you ask Tammy ON AIR to repeat her lines because you fat-fingered the board, you don't want to cut that out? at least chat message her!!

Overall quality is fine. you could compress to any bitrate you want in some of them if that tickles any fancies

Do you listen to other podcasts?

Gotcha, yep there are occasions when things slip through.

I listen to several, and it's funny "This Week In Tech" has done the same thing you're talking about on more than one occasion. It was surprising to me since that the Twit network.

I also find it interesting that their audio is so low I have to turn up my receiver so loud I hear hiss.

Thanks for the feedback. We just have to remember to take those 5 second pauses so I'll see there is something I need to edit. I never listen to the whole show while editing. I'd be there for over an hour editing.

Oh, and no editing is ever done to the youtube video so you'll hear all the mistakes there. The audio only is edited.

denverd1
08-05-2015, 05:07 PM
Gotcha, yep there are occasions when things slip through.

I listen to several, and it's funny "This Week In Tech" has done the same thing you're talking about on more than one occasion. It was surprising to me since that the Twit network.

I also find it interesting that their audio is so low I have to turn up my receiver so loud I hear hiss.

Thanks for the feedback. We just have to remember to take those 5 second pauses so I'll see there is something I need to edit. I never listen to the whole show while editing. I'd be there for over an hour editing.

Oh, and no editing is ever done to the youtube video so you'll hear all the mistakes there. The audio only is edited.

the concept of not taking yourself too seriously (therefore not editing out every little mistake, because we are in fact humans who do, believe it or not make mistakes) has really become a thing as of late. I guess the rule of thumb there is if its funny, leave it. I would always make a quick note of the time position of an issue so that I didn't have to comb through in this case an hour of audio looking for quirks like that.

some of the programs I used (on my old laptop) would let you compress to a higher bitrate so you got better quality out of the mp3. I download the mp3s BTW

Mudderoy
08-05-2015, 06:08 PM
the concept of not taking yourself too seriously (therefore not editing out every little mistake, because we are in fact humans who do, believe it or not make mistakes) has really become a thing as of late. I guess the rule of thumb there is if its funny, leave it. I would always make a quick note of the time position of an issue so that I didn't have to comb through in this case an hour of audio looking for quirks like that.

some of the programs I used (on my old laptop) would let you compress to a higher bitrate so you got better quality out of the mp3. I download the mp3s BTW

We record in WAV at 96k sample rate. I edit then save as MP3 44.1Khz 128bits per second stereo.

Thanks for the feedback!

denverd1
08-05-2015, 11:32 PM
Tony, I love you...r sample rate

Mudderoy
08-06-2015, 06:43 AM
Tony, I love you...r sample rate

Oh my! This is so sudden!