PDA

View Full Version : Click or Tick - slow speeds, right turn only

packmule1911
07-23-2015, 08:04 AM
Getting a little ticking/clicking sound from the right front corner when making a slow speed right turn. Right turn only, not present turning left. Slow speeds are like those in a parking garage. Sounds like a rock in my tread, but haven't inspected yet, and searching online on this yielded a bunch of different mechanical possibilities.

You folks don't mind my newbie inquiries, so I wanted to check here for your thoughts.

The sound is not deep, and cannot be felt. Front end stuff that's new includes: steering stabilizer, track bar, sway bars and bushings, and both wheel bearings. Tires are like-new Goodyear Assurance, which have a lot of tiny little slits in them. These tires squeal very easily in slow speed, 90 degree turns. Annoying, but they new on the vehicle when I bought it so I've kept them.

Thanks.

Mudderoy
07-23-2015, 08:54 AM
Getting a little ticking/clicking sound from the right front corner when making a slow speed right turn. Right turn only, not present turning left. Slow speeds are like those in a parking garage. Sounds like a rock in my tread, but haven't inspected yet, and searching online on this yielded a bunch of different mechanical possibilities.

You folks don't mind my newbie inquiries, so I wanted to check here for your thoughts.

The sound is not deep, and cannot be felt. Front end stuff that's new includes: steering stabilizer, track bar, sway bars and bushings, and both wheel bearings. Tires are like-new Goodyear Assurance, which have a lot of tiny little slits in them. These tires squeal very easily in slow speed, 90 degree turns. Annoying, but they new on the vehicle when I bought it so I've kept them.

Thanks.

A sound recording would really help. Things that come to mind are axle u-joint or stretched chain in the transfer case.