PDA

View Full Version : Trackbar adjust

Mudderoy
07-21-2015, 12:24 AM
I recently saw a Pabst Boys video about installing an adjustable trackbar, and either I didn't know how, or thought I did it right but when I installed my adjustable trackbar it was way out.

https://youtu.be/tO8pxYK8uGQ

Before

After

I was unable to adjust the trackbar with one end lose, at least the end that attaches to the Dana 30. I had to remove adjust and reinstall.

prerunner1982
07-21-2015, 02:26 PM
Does it drive better?

Mudderoy
07-21-2015, 03:08 PM
Does it drive better?

Well I don't know. I mean it seems so, but is it really or just wishful thinking?

bluedragon436
07-21-2015, 05:08 PM
Guess I'll have to try checking my trac bar alignment this way when I get home in a few months... Going by tape measure from the inside wheel well to the tire I think I got it lined up pretty darn well.. but I'll have to make sure when I get home... Then again I'll be having the whole front end aligned and checked when I get home by a shop... since I know the steering still needs quite a bit of adjustment... Unfortunately my flares aren't metal and flat like the Pabst Boys have to work with, would make it easier!!!

Mudderoy
07-22-2015, 03:29 PM
There does seem to be an improvement on the driveablity of the heep. I don't understand why, but it doesn't seem to track with uneven surfaces and expansion joints in the road now.

Nothing was lose. Oh wait a minute. I did grease the heim(sp?) joint on the trackbar.

I need to replace rear driver's side UCA body side bushing. Upper bushing on the Dana 30 driver's side. And the upper Dana 30 bushing pass side.

bluedragon436
07-22-2015, 04:09 PM
I noticed a pretty decent change from the drive home w/out adjusting the trac bar over the adjusted trac bar... can't wait to get the rest of the front end tight, and adjusted properly and see how it all feels together...