PDA

View Full Version : Movies?

Mudderoy
07-19-2015, 10:52 AM
Maybe I missed it, but we never seem to discuss movies here. I know Jeep site, but we do talk about more than Jeeps don't we?

I was flipping around and I saw one of my movie favorites. "Battle: Los Angeles"

Another one I really enjoy is 2005 movie "Constantine"

I'd like to see sequels of both of those, "Constantine" being the more interesting of the two.

Also I recently saw "John Wick" It was a good action movie with quite a bit of off center humor. Keanu Reeves has really come a long way from "Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure" Not that, that was a bad movie... ;)

Interesting, at least to me, Michelle Rodriguez, "Battle: Los Angeles", "Avatar", "Fast and the Furious" series of movies, and "Resident Evil: Retribution" among others is from San Antonio, TX.

Brasscatz
07-19-2015, 11:08 AM
I still need to see Battle: LA, but I remember trying to watch Constantine when it came out and just couldn't get into it. Maybe I'll enjoy it now, but I couldn't back then.

Something I've noticed though... I have Netflix and Amazon Prime... and the same movies are available on both. lol.

cpttuna
07-19-2015, 07:49 PM
John wick X2 He even reloads

Mudderoy
07-19-2015, 10:48 PM
Another movie I'll stop and watch each time I find it is "Sniper"

In "John Wick" there is a scene where John comes up behind this huge guy and lets him leave before the fun begins.

That big guy was the Russian in "The Punisher" during that great fight scene with the blond guy in the red and white striped shirt.

XJ Wheeler
07-19-2015, 11:05 PM
I gotta say the only one of those I've seen is Battle:LA and that was over a year ago. I don't remember much.

Carves
07-19-2015, 11:43 PM
X 2 on John Wick ... not bad for a newer offering.

I normally ignore most new movies ... as with all the computer graphics - there is buggerall, proper/real, acting/stunts,

... so I may as well be watching the penguins of madagascar .. :D:D

The Forger with John Travolta in it, was an easy watch/time filler.

Watched American Sniper ... A sad tale worth telling.

cantab27
07-20-2015, 12:41 AM

I normally ignore most new movies ... as with all the computer graphics - there is buggerall, proper/real, acting/stunts,

these would of just been released when you were in high school eh cobber..:D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m3dV8a0MZ7g

https://youtu.be/m3dV8a0MZ7g

Mudderoy
07-20-2015, 03:42 AM

Yes I saw "American Sniper" It was a good movie but less of a "wow" movie than some of the others I've seen. Favorite line in the movie "Hey! Where you going?" or something to that effect.

autotech98
07-20-2015, 05:55 PM
Aw come on Tony... dont you remmember " if i dont see you down there dont let me see you again"?. Greatest movie ive seen in a while was Unbroken check it out

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547

TallGuyJeep
07-21-2015, 12:36 PM
Just saw Django Unchained for the first time the other day. Definitely lived up to all the hype and worth the watch. One of my new favorites for sure!

Anyone seen Ant Man yet? Hearing great things about that one too.

denverd1
07-22-2015, 09:07 AM
Can't believe Paul Rudd did AntMan. Maybe it will be better than it looks.

Watched The Other One last night. Documentary about the cofounder of Grateful Dead. Pretty good, if you like music, it's a great one.

Next on my list:

Cocaine cowboys
Dogfight
Funky monks
Cartel land
The Room
Neighbors

sent from my Samsoon S5 from the bottom of a mud hole

Mudderoy
07-22-2015, 09:19 AM
My daughter told me she went and saw it last night, she said it was very good.

Can't believe Paul Rudd did AntMan. Maybe it will be better than it looks.

Watched The Other One last night. Documentary about the cofounder of Grateful Dead. Pretty good, if you like music, it's a great one.

Next on my list:

Cocaine cowboys
Dogfight
Funky monks
Cartel land
The Room
Neighbors

denverd1
07-22-2015, 09:21 AM
My daughter told me she went and saw it last night, she said it was very good.
It may very well be. It just seems like a cartoon almost. I like P Rudd and it just seemed like a hokey movie for an accomplished actor

Mudderoy
07-22-2015, 09:24 AM
I can't say I'm a huge zombie fan like some but I did enjoy "Zombieland" however even though I do enjoy Bill Murray I don't think he should have been in that movie, or it should have been a much shorter cameo.

denverd1
07-22-2015, 09:28 AM
I still need to see Battle: LA, but I remember trying to watch Constantine when it came out and just couldn't get into it. Maybe I'll enjoy it now, but I couldn't back then.

Something I've noticed though... I have Netflix and Amazon Prime... and the same movies are available on both. lol.
Netflix wins in that case. Cause I can chromecast it to the tube

denverd1
07-22-2015, 09:29 AM
I can't say I'm a huge zombie fan like some but I did enjoy "Zombieland" however even though I do enjoy Bill Murray I don't think he should have been in that movie, or it should have been a much shorter cameo.
I'll check it out. As you know, NOT a fan of the zombie craze but I'll check it out!

Brasscatz
07-22-2015, 11:59 AM
Netflix wins in that case. Cause I can chromecast it to the tube

I stream Netflix through the playstation usually. Netflix will have good movies, but only on DVD which I don't have. They actually pissed me off a while back when they more than doubled their prices. Took me forever to come back to them.

Amazon Prime can stream through the playstation as well and they have the movies... but you still have to pay for the good ones. Pointless. Kinda how xfinity will have regular tv shows on demand.... but you have to pay $2.99 per episode sometimes. It's all just a huge racket :(

denverd1
07-22-2015, 12:14 PM
I stream Netflix through the playstation usually. Netflix will have good movies, but only on DVD which I don't have. They actually pissed me off a while back when they more than doubled their prices. Took me forever to come back to them.

Amazon Prime can stream through the playstation as well and they have the movies... but you still have to pay for the good ones. Pointless. Kinda how xfinity will have regular tv shows on demand.... but you have to pay $2.99 per episode sometimes. It's all just a huge racket :(

unless Amazon can package itself as an app on new TV's (they're doing it now), they're really shooting themselves in the foot with their own hardware. Netflix all you need is wifi and then there's several ways to get the content.

yes, a huge racket.

Mudderoy
07-22-2015, 12:54 PM
Another OLD fav is "Journey to the Center of the Earth" the 1959 version not that 2008 piece of kiddy crap.

TallGuyJeep
07-22-2015, 12:59 PM
Another OLD fav is "Journey to the Center of the Earth" the 1959 version not that 2008 piece of kiddy crap.
Ooooh i remember that one, that is i great movie.:)

Mudderoy
07-22-2015, 02:56 PM
unless Amazon can package itself as an app on new TV's (they're doing it now), they're really shooting themselves in the foot with their own hardware. Netflix all you need is wifi and then there's several ways to get the content.

yes, a huge racket.

I use the Roku for amazon upstairs and the HD player downstairs. It may be available on the TV but the TV computer is slow. Roku 3 is very fast, and I haven't even gotten around to wiring it up to the network. Just using the 54mbs wireless connection. It is only 6 feet away from the wifi router though.

4.3LXJ
07-22-2015, 03:02 PM
I have a WII, but haven't gotten it to work for downloading movies yet. Probably need a teenager to show me how

Brasscatz
07-22-2015, 03:57 PM
I have a WII, but haven't gotten it to work for downloading movies yet. Probably need a teenager to show me how

I used to play with my wii... pun intended... and used to need a Netflix disc to stream. Now, I think they have an app in the wii store to stream netflix. Don't know about Amazon, though.

4.3LXJ
07-22-2015, 04:23 PM
Thanks. I will look into it

denverd1
07-22-2015, 04:47 PM
They both have apps, but AMZN won't let you stream through just anything. You have to sling it through roku or use their firestick or whatever it's called.

denverd1
07-22-2015, 04:49 PM
Chromecast is cool because anything you can browse on chrome can be cast to your TV.

Lots of other apps/programs will cast as well

XJ Wheeler
07-22-2015, 11:17 PM

I really enjoy that Zombieland. I like the humor they through into the whole zombie topic. Other than that and walking dead i don't really get into the whole zombie thing either. Doesn't really make sense to me. Lol.

Sent via messenger pigeon - i talk, he types.

4.3LXJ
07-22-2015, 11:18 PM
Zombies ….. too much like some people I know

denverd1
07-23-2015, 09:57 AM
back on topic:
the shining
american psycho

I've also seen the entire James Bond series

Mudderoy
07-23-2015, 04:19 PM
back on topic:
the shining
american psycho

I've also seen the entire James Bond series

James Bond was good when Sean Connery was bond. Pierce Brosnan probably did the best job since Connery.

I did enjoy "Taken" especially the Jeep Cherokee scenes! :D

"A Walk Among the Tombstones" was pretty good, and I'm looking forward to seeing "Run All Night" on Amazon prime.

denverd1
07-23-2015, 06:46 PM
Tombstone

Brasscatz
07-24-2015, 01:26 PM
Tombstone

I'm your huckleberry.

Tombstone is my second all-time fav movie. My favorite is probably Smokey and the Bandit, but mainly because I used to own that T/A lol

Mudderoy
07-24-2015, 03:20 PM
Daddy! Daddy! My hat blew off!

Was your head in it?!?!

Mudderoy
07-24-2015, 03:24 PM
I always enjoyed "When Worlds Collide" I was pretty excited to see Speilberg was going to be doing a remake, however it's been "in the works" for years now.

Speaking of Speilberg.

Jaws = sucked. It had it's moments, but overall boring.
Close Encounters, E.T. (The extra testicle) Raiders of the Lost Ark, all movie magic.

Oh speaking of bad movies, "Blue Thunder" it was bad, but I enjoyed it. :D

denverd1
07-24-2015, 04:06 PM
OG Jaws was good. the rest were snoozers.

Connery and Brosnan were the de facto 007s. I thought Daniel Craig was a mediocre one, although the Bond boobs of recent decades makes any performance look like a good one

Speaking of washed up directors, George Lucas anyone? SW was awesome but the recent series was pretty terrible.

Days of Thunder?

Mudderoy
07-24-2015, 04:29 PM
OG Jaws was good. the rest were snoozers.

Connery and Brosnan were the de facto 007s. I thought Daniel Craig was a mediocre one, although the Bond boobs of recent decades makes any performance look like a good one

Speaking of washed up directors, George Lucas anyone? SW was awesome but the recent series was pretty terrible.

Days of Thunder?

Haven't cared for Cruz for years, his first movie was pretty good. "Top Gun" was horrible.

Not a Speilberg movie but had that feel to it, "Poltergeist" good funny movie.

Back to Cruz, some of his more recent movies have been pretty good. I was pleasantly surprised by "Jack Reacher"

Oh and good movie that was very well acted by Jake Gyllenhaal was the 2014 movie "Night Crawler" Such an odd well done film. I highly recommend it.

denverd1
07-24-2015, 09:41 PM
Lol. Not sure what to think of your assessment