PDA

View Full Version : Welcome bryanintowson!!!

cantab27
07-07-2015, 01:09 PM
Hi bryanintowson, :welcome: to the :xjtalk: forum!

We would love to know more about you and your Jeep. How you found us, etc...

Be sure and check out our XJ TALK SHOW! (http://podcasts.xjtalk.com) It\'s about Cherokees! It\'s like a radio talk show, but from the Internet.

Check out our sister sites, http://www.WranglerTalk.com/ and http://www.di-dah-dit.com/

bryanintowson
07-07-2015, 01:51 PM
Thanks! I sold my TJ back in December and the Jeep bug had me so I went and bought a 1992 Laredo because you know, my life obviously wasn't complicated enough.

So far I've done a basic tune up, flushed the cooling system, replaced the leaking valve cover gasket and paid a nice mechanic to replace my bent driveshaft.

Oh and I've also enjoyed every minute of owning it. :)

4.3LXJ
07-07-2015, 01:58 PM
Welcome to our addiction Bryan. What are your plans for your new rig?

xj-jake
07-07-2015, 02:06 PM
Good afternoon Bryan and welcome to XJTalk!! There's all kinds of good info here and don't be afraid to ask ANY question you might have. The only stupid question is the question you don't ask! How about posting up some pics of the new member of the family?

bryanintowson
07-07-2015, 02:08 PM
I'm a historian by training so my plan at this point is to keep her mostly stock and enjoy the time warp experience by driving a vehicle that's old enough to legally drink. I think if I do anything after getting her back into the best condition possible then probably a lunchbox locker up front, some slightly more aggressive tires and then we'll see where the wind takes me.

So after being a Wrangler owner I got really used to the Jeep Wave. I started doing it again out of habit but only about 25% return it.

Are we XJ people out in the cold on this one?

xj-jake
07-07-2015, 02:11 PM
Those "Wrangler Guys" don't "see" us as "Jeep People" lol.

xj-jake
07-07-2015, 02:12 PM
Just kidding. Welcome to the show my friend and keep waving. They'll look when it's lifted I'm sure!

4.3LXJ
07-07-2015, 02:13 PM
I'm a historian by training so my plan at this point is to keep her mostly stock and enjoy the time warp experience by driving a vehicle that's old enough to legally drink. I think if I do anything after getting her back into the best condition possible then probably a lunchbox locker up front, some slightly more aggressive tires and then we'll see where the wind takes me.

So after being a Wrangler owner I got really used to the Jeep Wave. I started doing it again out of habit but only about 25% return it.

Are we XJ people out in the cold on this one?

Which part of the discipline are you trained in?

bluedragon436
07-07-2015, 02:14 PM
:welcome: to :xjtalk1: from Delaware!! Nothing wrong with having the Jeep bug... I let my 98 XJ go over two years ago, and every day since the day I had to let it go, I regretted it and missed it..... and have since picked up another XJ... and certainly understand the adding more drama to life w/ the purchase of a Jeep...

bryanintowson
07-07-2015, 02:21 PM
Thanks for the warm welcome! I am a trained archaeologist. I don't practice it anymore but cultural anthropology and architectural history are my two other areas that I've studied extensively.

When I bought my "Little Red Wagon" all I could think about was what was it like when the first owner bought it and how did it make them feel? I picked up a really cool key chain on ebay to go with the new truck.

http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/MTAwMFg3NTA=/z/9cAAAOSwpdpVcnK9/$_12.JPG?set_id=880000500F

4.3LXJ
07-07-2015, 02:23 PM
Archaeology, cool. What part of the world are you in?

bryanintowson
07-07-2015, 02:29 PM
Baltimore - Towson is just outside of Baltimore and the seat of Baltimore County.

Can't say I've been to Chico, CA before - I have been to ChiNo to see the air museum there.

4.3LXJ
07-07-2015, 02:32 PM
Too bad about the location. I am on the west coast. One of the things I use my Jeep for is getting near to the many locations for petroglyphs made by the Martis People. They are quite numerous, but you have to do a little digging to find out where the locations are. They are not widely published to avoid vandalism

xj-jake
07-07-2015, 02:58 PM
Very cool Bryan. Welcome again it looks like you'll fit in just fine!

bryanintowson
07-07-2015, 03:00 PM
Thanks again, Jake. I just hope my O's do better against your Twins tonight!

xj-jake
07-07-2015, 03:15 PM
Who are the twins?