PDA

View Full Version : Parking brake light

OGCollard
06-28-2015, 10:38 AM
So i pulled my parking brake the other day and there was no resistance. My wheel cylinder went out right before that too. So put the 99 in the back and put new wheel cylinder shoes and hardware on her. On the drivers side the self adjuster cable had broken in half. So i put everything together and rolled her back and forth in the driveway as i still need to bleed the brakes. Parkibg brake light is still on. I am 98% sure the brake is not on though as jeep rolls freely. Any suggestions?

nickyg
06-28-2015, 10:45 AM
Check to see if the switch at the base of the handle is working.

try unplugging the float switch at the master cylinder.

I'm not too sure about your year but mine has 1 light. the same light that tells you the parking brake is on is the same light that tells you the fluid is low. Gotta figure out what portion has the problem.

OGCollard
06-28-2015, 10:58 AM
You know it is quite low and the brakes have not been bled. Maybe it will go off after brakes are bled and the fluid is topped back off. Will worry about it then if needed. Thanks!

bluedragon436
06-28-2015, 11:51 AM
Yeah, I'd try bleeding them and topping it off before you worry too much into it.. cause after I did the front pads/rotors and the extended brake lines my brake light was on, till I bleed the brakes, and even off and on while bleeding them... was kind of freaking out about it for a while till I got one rotation around the Jeep and it finally went out..

OGCollard
07-02-2015, 07:32 AM
Thanks for the input guys. Bled brakes, topped off fluid, parking light went off. And the jeep stops!