PDA

View Full Version : AW4 quick disconnects at Trans

JohnnyB
06-23-2015, 05:24 PM
(97 XJ AW4)
I am replacing the quick disconnects at the transmission...and have a question about the part in the pic p/n 800-714 from Dorman says its a direct replacement...my question is how do you attach the new connectors to the old line? do I have to remove the clip from the new connector then slip it on the line then push back into the connector?

thesupercroc
06-23-2015, 05:31 PM
Yes, I replaced mine this this way due to the old ones leaking. You will now need a tool to take them off in the future.

JohnnyB
06-23-2015, 05:37 PM
I just dropped the trans to replace the flexplate and I used a pair of curved hose pliers to press the clips and remove the lines wasnt too bad but they seem old and worn so I want to replace them before I loose all the trans fluid goin down the road. So it is pretty easy to replace/attach the new connectors? is the Dorman the one you used?

thesupercroc
06-23-2015, 06:11 PM
it was not to bad of a job one of them is in a weird location to get to but other then that is was under 15 of work after i got both of them . yes i used the doorman part.

to take the old line off you will use the plastic deal that is on the line then breack if off the new adapters will not use them. To reassemble just push the line in the adapters until they click give a tough to see if they are in all the way if so then you are done!

JohnnyB
06-23-2015, 07:07 PM
So basically *just break the old clip off of the line and push it into the new connector till it clicks and ...BOOM done...do i have it right? sounds pretty straightforward. ..Thanks!

thesupercroc
06-23-2015, 07:36 PM
Yeppers. Well I guess you all so need to remove the old hardware ;) lol

JohnnyB
06-23-2015, 07:59 PM
Oh yea...cant forget that step...lol