PDA

View Full Version : Over heating tried alot

HeepJr
06-21-2015, 03:17 PM
So my eltric fan was seized so i got one out of a junker and it runs smooth fan runs no problem but never actually comes on my guage allways reads 100 i know for a fact its extremly hot way over 100 replaced my temperature sensor that goes in water pump still not working and staying cool what should i do

4.3LXJ
06-21-2015, 03:20 PM
Swap the AC relay with the fan relay in the power distribution center and see if that helps

HeepJr
06-21-2015, 03:28 PM
Swap the AC relay with the fan relay in the power distribution center and see if that helps

Ac relay is smaller then the fan relay but both of them are click so tgey both work

4.3LXJ
06-21-2015, 03:29 PM
I would still try swapping the relay out then just to make sure the contacts are not burned

HeepJr
06-21-2015, 03:37 PM
I would still try swapping the relay out then just to make sure the contacts are not burned

Put a new relay in it and still nothing sadly thanks tho anything else ?

4.3LXJ
06-21-2015, 03:39 PM
So relay is good, fan is good and new sensor? Any codes? If not, I have seen the ECM circuits for this go bad. Also make sure there are no breaks in wiring or bad connections

HeepJr
06-21-2015, 05:25 PM
So relay is good, fan is good and new sensor? Any codes? If not, I have seen the ECM circuits for this go bad. Also make sure there are no breaks in wiring or bad connections

Not throwing anycodes and is there more then one sensor or maybe a sending unit. Maybe a sensor on the rad or something i only replaced the sensor in thevwater pump

4.3LXJ
06-21-2015, 06:56 PM
It is the one at the thermostat housing that signals the ECM to turn on the fan. You might need to verify the engine temp. Mudderoy got a cool gadget for that that wasn't too much money that works slick. His temp gauge is way off

HeepJr
06-21-2015, 07:22 PM
It is the one at the thermostat housing that signals the ECM to turn on the fan. You might need to verify the engine temp. Mudderoy got a cool gadget for that that wasn't too much money that works slick. His temp gauge is way off

ok found out something i push my relay in it turns on then turns off instantly. what could it be ?

4.3LXJ
06-21-2015, 08:00 PM
You could just be manually closing contacts. But, you might want to check connections