PDA

View Full Version : Best bang for buck shocks

Lawman
06-14-2015, 08:24 PM
So, I keep blowing my front cheapo shocks (stock YJ Sensocraps) and I need so.ething a little longer with a better rebound. I know bilsteins are the best, but that's just not in the budget right now. What's something that'll get me in the right direction?

Sent from my SM-G900R7 using Tapatalk

Mudderoy
06-15-2015, 12:31 AM
So, I keep blowing my front cheapo shocks (stock YJ Sensocraps) and I need so.ething a little longer with a better rebound. I know bilsteins are the best, but that's just not in the budget right now. What's something that'll get me in the right direction?

Sent from my SM-G900R7 using Tapatalk

I've only used RC before they sucked, and Bilsteins, 5100. I think they were $80 each.

xj-jake
06-15-2015, 08:10 AM
Doetsch tech shocks are decent for the money. I just put a set on my wife's WJ and will be putting them on my XJ also. $189 for a set of 4 shocks at Iron Rock Offroad.

bluedragon436
06-15-2015, 10:45 PM
I ran the RC 9000 series shocks on my 98 XJ and never had any issues out of them.. I'm currently running the Doetsch Tech shocks on my 97 XJ, and they definitely seem far beefier and better on dampening then my RC shocks were, so we'll see how they do in the long run..