PDA

View Full Version : New vibration

HeepJr
06-08-2015, 06:34 AM
Just finished installing my 3" lift looks good havent gotten an alignment yet it pulls alittle to the right but thats not the probably im getting alot of vibration when i give it gas any ideas not sure 1st day driving so cant be more specific

Mudderoy
06-08-2015, 06:51 AM
Just finished installing my 3" lift looks good havent gotten an alignment yet it pulls alittle to the right but thats not the probably im getting alot of vibration when i give it gas any ideas not sure 1st day driving so cant be more specific

I wonder if some bad u-joint(s) in the drive shaft is rearing it's ugly head due to the new angle.

HeepJr
06-08-2015, 07:00 AM
Thats probably it i replaced them all but my driveshaft and all the others where shot

Mudderoy
06-08-2015, 08:12 AM
Thats probably it i replaced them all but my driveshaft and all the others where shot

Oh you replaced them.... hmmm where is the yoke pointing on the rear diff? It should be pointing at the back of the transfer case, right where the drive shaft goes in. Unless you're using a SYE.

HeepJr
06-08-2015, 09:01 AM
Ill have to look into it more thanks

4.3LXJ
06-08-2015, 10:07 AM
If those U joints are OK, you probably need to address your driveline pinion angle. This is true especially if you used an extended shackle. Here is a link on how to do that

http://www.xjtalk.com/showthread.php?t=7299