PDA

View Full Version : 1995 Jeep Cherokee 2wd

davidlspinner
05-30-2015, 11:19 AM
HELP!!! i cannot start my jeep. won't even try to turn over. took off nuetral safety switch cleaned it up, even bypassed it but can't get anything to work. Drove it to work then tried to go home and nothing is happening tried the basics. Stuck please help.

Roqon>
05-30-2015, 02:33 PM
Do you hear a click when you turn the key?
If so, smack the starter with a hammer.
Does your NS switch have a bad history that you went right to that?
Check your battery and starter connections?
Does your interior light work? Does it dim when you turn the key?
Have you tried jumping it?

Mudderoy
05-30-2015, 03:23 PM
HELP!!! i cannot start my jeep. won't even try to turn over. took off nuetral safety switch cleaned it up, even bypassed it but can't get anything to work. Drove it to work then tried to go home and nothing is happening tried the basics. Stuck please help.

So putting the transmission in neutral didn't make a difference?

Did you try holding the key in the start position and moving the transmission shifter from drive to neutral.

Like Rogon said if you're not hearing a click, or dome light is dimming it's prob that neutral safety switch.

Mudderoy
05-30-2015, 03:24 PM
So putting the transmission in neutral didn't make a difference?

Did you try holding the key in the start position and moving the transmission shifter from drive to neutral.

Like Rogon said if you're not hearing a click, or dome light is dimming it's prob that neutral safety switch.

Oh and yeah could be starter, solenoid specifically. Hitting with a BFH a couple of whacks usually fixes it, temporarily.