PDA

View Full Version : '99 XJ Alignment question . . . .

Red Octopus
04-09-2015, 10:57 AM
I just had my front end alignment done and when I paid the bill I was given a print out of the alignment Before 'n After.
I did not notice it at the time but the print out read at the top "Cherokee 1990-94 XJ"
My question is - are the spec's for the 1990-1994XJ the same as for the 1999XJ or should I go back for a do-over?
. . . . an inquiring mind wants to know.
:crazy:

Mudderoy
04-09-2015, 12:03 PM
I just had my front end alignment done and when I paid the bill I was given a print out of the alignment Before 'n After.
I did not notice it at the time but the print out read at the top "Cherokee 1990-94 XJ"
My question is - are the spec's for the 1990-1994XJ the same as for the 1999XJ or should I go back for a do-over?
. . . . an inquiring mind wants to know.
:crazy:

Mine said "Grand" Cherokee. If they put 2014 Cherokee on there next time, I'm burning the place to the ground.

I doubt there are any differences between those year models. There's only two adjustments they can make, toe and caster.

NW99XJ
04-09-2015, 12:46 PM
Only difference would be high pinion Dana 30 vs. Low pinion Dana 30...
And/or Vacuum disconnect.
But I don't know for sure if either of those factors would alter the numbers.
My advice would be to call a completely different shop and ask them...if they say yes there is a difference...then you would obviously have cause to go back and make them redo it. (for free)

XJ Wheeler
04-09-2015, 06:31 PM
Only difference would be high pinion Dana 30 vs. Low pinion Dana 30...
And/or Vacuum disconnect.
But I don't know for sure if either of those factors would alter the numbers.
My advice would be to call a completely different shop and ask them...if they say yes there is a difference...then you would obviously have cause to go back and make them redo it. (for free)

Both are high pinion and the only year mentioned that would have the vacuum disconnect is '90.

I don't see any reason for it to be different, although i've been wrong before due to not having a '97+. :D

Sent via messenger pigeon - i talk, he types.