PDA

View Full Version : NP242 cable shifter

bcrosson92
04-07-2015, 03:41 PM
i got the dirt bound kit. its installed but i cant get it adjusted. its all hooked up but when i move the shift lever it dosnt move the case. the case will shift if i get under and do it.

NW99XJ
04-07-2015, 04:15 PM
I'd say u got a bind in the cable, or maybe its a matter of leverage.
I'm not all that familiar with the kit itself, but by the looks of the pics on the dirtbound offroad site, I think that's its just a matter of getting things lined up perfectly. And if the case is hard to shift to begin with.... then you might be SOL until you can get the case shifting like new.

bcrosson92
04-07-2015, 04:30 PM
I was thinking it was binding.

NW99XJ
04-07-2015, 04:49 PM
That reverse arc of the cable to get the end back into the right position looks like it would be susceptible to binding.
Try disconnecting the end at the T-case.... then actuate the lever from inside the Jeep.... See how "freely" it moves. If it moves very easily, then you know the issue is at the t-case. Vice-Versa if it DOESN'T move freely.

bcrosson92
04-07-2015, 04:54 PM
OK I got a picture of the install to upload. I'll try that tomorrow or get new linkage from the junk yard. I had the body side bearing fail and its not available.

Poorboy
04-13-2015, 06:26 AM
Novak makes a cable shifter that works perfectly out of the box.

Sent from my potato by Tapatalk.

NW99XJ
04-14-2015, 09:40 AM
Novak makes a cable shifter that works perfectly out of the box.
That NOVAK shifter is just plain awesome. My buddy had one on his Jeep... shifted like melted butter. The price tag is up there... but you DEFINITELY get what you pay for.