PDA

View Full Version : ZJ got pinched,...

JENSSEN
04-07-2015, 12:03 AM
On March 28th, 2015 my Wife pulled into daycare as She normally does, as there are tons of Mom's and Dad's picking up the offspring. But on this particular day some jack@$$ wandered around, looked annoyed at waiting and jumped in the ZJ and drove off. The ZJ has been abducted,.. Wife calls me crying,.. I haul ass in the XJ over and make sure she is OK,... Purse was in the truck,..Oh FAWK!!

Cops pull a grid, no luck, I go to social media and ask for help,.. fellow car people start gridding the areas where it may be from credit card charges, to "Known areas". Spent two days looking, no luck , even canvassed the areas where cards were used,... nothing

Then Sunday My neighbors son Brad work up on a mission,... to find our little red wagon (ZJ) and He did. 1 block from where it was stolen from:bang:

2 days later we recovered the ZJ, Calgary police all proud,.. one even said arn't you glad we found your truck to which I responded "I will thank Brad" :crazy:

So I survey the Jeep and find Plastic Ice crappichanio cups, smoke packs, and other crap , asked the cops if they wanted to finger print or take evidence,... their response was "no" WTMFF

So now insurance; I called Friday when it was stolen, got the first call back Tuesday, I declined rental cars as I have more than enough cars to drive with one down. They asked the damage and asked to talk with my Wife, truck is covered but they want to write it off site on scene,.. to the note of " we will tow it from your house, take it to an inspection facility and tell you how much we will pay you for it" ,.. ummm Fawk no! Truck doesnt move until I have a payment. (am I wrong?).

So I saved the insurance company tows, storage, impound costs, rental cars, ect,...

Truck was minty and had some nice upgrades,... it also took Momma to the hospital and brought my Daughter home

http://i651.photobucket.com/albums/uu235/RACE4THECURE/539EC4B2-CFCF-4D2C-BE77-C4894E84D151-6075-000008BC20CBA0FE.jpg

but its a 94, motor is tappy now, pulls to the right, both bumpers have damage, dash and centre console cracked, who knows how hard it was bagged.

All of this happened when our neighborhoods water main blew, I got severe laryngitis and Wife's old boss died in a plane crash,..

Now what to do,..

Sorry for the novel

Mudderoy
04-07-2015, 12:14 AM
So nothing about the person that stole it? Where keys left in it?

JENSSEN
04-07-2015, 12:26 AM
So nothing about the person that stole it? Where keys left in it?

Dark skin and tattoo sleeves,keys were in it, so I got the joy of re-keying the house and garage,... pulling fuel pump relays ect

Mudderoy
04-07-2015, 01:06 AM
Dark skin and tattoo sleeves,keys were in it, so I got the joy of re-keying the house and garage,... pulling fuel pump relays ect

I just saw your post show up on Facebook! :D

autotech98
04-07-2015, 01:32 PM
Sorry to hear that man. Makes you wonder what your taxed go for...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547

JENSSEN
04-07-2015, 07:47 PM
So the insurance company realized today I won't release the car until I have a cheque,.. They tried to tell me this will extend the claim I said its AOK I have lots of cars and if they drag their feet I will take the rental car I pay for on my premium,,..

They called today to book an appt :)

4.3LXJ
04-07-2015, 07:49 PM
Way to go Jensen

Carves
04-07-2015, 09:00 PM
Key changes, Replacement cards and IDs, vehicle damage, battles with insurance companies .......

... damn car thieves should hung, considering all the dramas they create, other than just the missing vehicle.

............ So I survey the Jeep and find Plastic Ice crappichanio cups, smoke packs, and other crap , asked the cops if they wanted to finger print or take evidence,... their response was "no" WTMFF

Our system is similiar,

Much easier to give a so called, "first time offender" a slap on the wrist and a good behaviour bond,

... than evaluate evidence to deal with a criminal with prior history .. ;);)

abebehrmann
04-08-2015, 02:11 PM
So the insurance company realized today I won't release the car until I have a cheque,.. They tried to tell me this will extend the claim I said its AOK I have lots of cars and if they drag their feet I will take the rental car I pay for on my premium,,..

They called today to book an appt :)

Funny how the time-frames speed up considerably only when it benefits the insurance company.

I hate insurance companies almost as much as I hate thieves.

4.3LXJ
04-08-2015, 02:14 PM
Just a note to anyone who has to deal with insurance. They will always come in low ball. That is the job of the adjuster, to save the company money. But, you DO NOT HAVE TO ACCEPT THEIR OFFER. If you decline, they will have to make another offer. They are under obligation by insurance regulations to settle and if you can hold out, then the offer will go up

JENSSEN
04-08-2015, 11:14 PM
Just a note to anyone who has to deal with insurance. They will always come in low ball. That is the job of the adjuster, to save the company money. But, you DO NOT HAVE TO ACCEPT THEIR OFFER. If you decline, they will have to make another offer. They are under obligation by insurance regulations to settle and if you can hold out, then the offer will go up

THIS is why I declined the Jeep leaving the house for an inspection,.. I want the ball in my court. Also why I made sure there was no impound, rental car or tow fees. It all adds up quickly,.. $50/day impound , $200 tow fees x2, rental guessing $50/day ,...so lets say by Friday I saved them $1100

all chips in my pocket