PDA

View Full Version : No gauge cluster

texasxj
04-06-2015, 06:35 PM
ok guys i need help bad with this one befor i have to pay to figure it out. i was testing voltages in my inside fuse box to figure out why my cb wasnt getting power when something arked. i didnt see where it came from or where it went. after i had no dome light horn and none of my gauges work. all the lights to the cluster work along with my indicators for turn signal, hazards, and brights. but i have no fuel level, temp, oil pressure, rpm, voltage, or spedo.

i replaced all the bown fuses i could find fixin my dome light and horn, and replaced any bad relays and even put another working cluster in, but still nothin.

any ideas?

Poorboy
04-06-2015, 07:47 PM
What year of XJ?

texasxj
04-06-2015, 07:52 PM
96 4x4 sport

Poorboy
04-06-2015, 08:24 PM
*checks driveway*... Yep mine's still there.

I have a 1996 4x4 Sport.

Was the arc under hood or under dash? Not much under dash other than connections. The cluster is easy to pull and check connections there.

Could be the arc made a bad connection fail or took out something in the cluster. Could be also a dirty ground connection under the dash somewhere (There are plenty of grounds to the body under the dash to cause issues.

If you have a multimeter, start tracing wires using a wiring diagram. I wish I could be of more help, but I don't have much info on how the newer XJ's are wired.

texasxj
04-06-2015, 08:33 PM
*checks driveway*... Yep mine's still there.

I have a 1996 4x4 Sport.

Was the arc under hood or under dash? Not much under dash other than connections. The cluster is easy to pull and check connections there.

Could be the arc made a bad connection fail or took out something in the cluster. Could be also a dirty ground connection under the dash somewhere (There are plenty of grounds to the body under the dash to cause issues.

If you have a multimeter, start tracing wires using a wiring diagram. I wish I could be of more help, but I don't have much info on how the newer XJ's are wired.

under the dash on the fuse box, i put a diff cluster but no luck

4.3LXJ
04-06-2015, 08:47 PM
Check your power distribution center for a blown fuse

texasxj
04-06-2015, 09:18 PM
Check your power distribution center for a blown fuse

wheres that and do u have a digram

Poorboy
04-06-2015, 09:31 PM
Pdc is under hood, next to the battery. Follow the positive cable and you will find it.

Sent from my potato by Tapatalk.

texasxj
04-06-2015, 09:34 PM
ilready checked found and replaced blown fusees still no go

Poorboy
04-14-2015, 04:18 AM
Any updates?

Sent from my potato by Tapatalk.