PDA

View Full Version : Which leaf springs do i need?

josh870
03-31-2015, 01:04 PM
i was looking at quadratec, they have a standard duty, heavy duty and 2 different medium duty springs but i dont know which one i need. the rear of my xj is sagging a bit, its a 2000 two door sport 4.0, i do not want to lift the truck i just want the rear to match the front. the front sits a little more than 18 inches from the wheel center to the bottom of the fender flare. the back is more like 16 and the leaf doesnt look good. any thoughts? thanks

xj-jake
03-31-2015, 01:43 PM
i was looking at quadratec, they have a standard duty, heavy duty and 2 different medium duty springs but i dont know which one i need. the rear of my xj is sagging a bit, its a 2000 two door sport 4.0, i do not want to lift the truck i just want the rear to match the front. the front sits a little more than 18 inches from the wheel center to the bottom of the fender flare. the back is more like 16 and the leaf doesnt look good. any thoughts? thanks

It depends on how much towing you will be doing I would think. If you will be towing a boat or a small camper I'd probably go with the heavy duty ones. Personally I wouldn't go any less than medium duty regardless. I'm sure the medium duty springs are a little stiffer than the standard duty so bear that in mind.

josh870
03-31-2015, 02:05 PM
how about the Dorman 929-301? i may do light towing in the future but right now i just want the truck to sit and ride right

denverd1
04-04-2015, 05:46 PM
Man! Buy some lift springs if you're buying some anyway! Slide a puck under the front coils... just imagine it for a minute. More clearance. Maybe some all terrain tires. Then you're out there. Exploring, adventures. Hitting trails and climbing obstacles. is there anywhere you can't go? No, there's not.

josh870
04-04-2015, 07:13 PM
i do not want to lift the truck i just want the rear to match the front.

Man! Buy some lift springs if you're buying some anyway! Slide a puck under the front coils... just imagine it for a minute. More clearance. Maybe some all terrain tires. Then you're out there. Exploring, adventures. Hitting trails and climbing obstacles. is there anywhere you can't go? No, there's not.

:bang:

:D i would love a lifted truck, but not as a daily driver. take into consideration that a 4cyl 1997 honda crv has gotten me to every one of my secluded fishing and camping spots, and the jeep already has 4 inches more of ground clearance than it so i think i am set

also, notice my state, it is certainly not texas, really no place to take advantage of a lift here

denverd1
04-06-2015, 12:31 PM
I hear ya. Had just returned from wheeling with friends and was still high on being outdoors all day.

Texas is terrible. Don't come here. You need 4x4 to get groceries

Besides you've got Rausch Creek in PA right? Beaches too.

These can be reliable daily with 3 inches of lift. Just letting you know how easy and cheap it is since you're buying half the springs anyway. Tally ho!!

No idea what springs you need.

josh870
04-06-2015, 01:50 PM
i am in rhode island, not PA. i know how easy it would be, and i would love to, but i cant afford it either. maybe next winter i will get the add a leaf kit, which will work great on new springs.

even more of a reason why i should lift, i need new front shocks

josh870
04-07-2015, 06:17 PM
well i hope Dorman 929-301 is the right one i ordered 2 of em