PDA

View Full Version : Anyone ever used Rusty's Offroad rock sliders?

RangerJeep
03-25-2015, 12:36 AM
I'm looking for a decent pair of rock sliders for my XJ and these look like a decent product for the money. Anyone have experience with Rusty's? Do their parts hold up?

XJ Wheeler
03-25-2015, 01:21 AM
I have their fuel tank skid and to be honest I wouldn't do it again. The fit wasn't the best, allowed too much space taking ground clearance. There was no hole to mount the exhaust hanger and had to cut the hanger down to fit it. Also there was only two bolts per side to mount it. Although the it did fit well otherwise and looks great. The powder coating is top notch.

RangerJeep
03-25-2015, 07:27 AM
Thanks XJ Wheeler.

xj-jake
03-25-2015, 08:37 AM
I think Mudderoy has the Rusty's sliders on his Jeep. I'm sure he'll have an opinion of them. I did built in ones as my rockers were rusting out. Replaced the rockers with 2x6x1/4 square tubing. Heck of a project but it was worth it.

Mudderoy
03-25-2015, 10:05 AM
I think Mudderoy has the Rusty's sliders on his Jeep. I'm sure he'll have an opinion of them. I did built in ones as my rockers were rusting out. Replaced the rockers with 2x6x1/4 square tubing. Heck of a project but it was worth it.

I once had a Rusty's bolt that was left over from a project that another Jeeper did. I used it on my rig, it instantly blew up killing everyone and the resulting black hole folded time and space and swallowed up all of the known and unknown universe!

You're results with Rusty's may be different, but is it worth the risk?!?!?

Seriously my sliders are from DETOURSusa.com and they are frame stiffeners with sliders.

You can read more here.... :link: (http://www.xjtalk.com/showthread.php?t=8318)

RangerJeep
03-25-2015, 03:07 PM
I once had a Rusty's bolt that was left over from a project that another Jeeper did. I used it on my rig, it instantly blew up killing everyone and the resulting black hole folded time and space and swallowed up all of the known and unknown universe!

You're results with Rusty's may be different, but is it worth the risk?!?!?

Seriously my sliders are from DETOURSusa.com and they are frame stiffeners with sliders.

You can read more here.... :link: (http://www.xjtalk.com/showthread.php?t=8318)
Lol! Thanks for the heads up. I wouldn't want to inadvertently throw off the space-time continuum or something like that.

rabies
03-31-2015, 12:36 PM
i didnt get rustys sliders but their rocker replacements. very stiff and thick. i welded them on instead of bolting. i had rust so it coverd it up. looks better now. prolly adds some frame stiffness