PDA

View Full Version : Yukon joints???

sbspence
03-22-2015, 09:09 PM
What in the world are these things made of that warrant $280+ per piece when you can get a spicer for 30bux?? 😮

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mudderoy
03-26-2015, 07:03 AM
What in the world are these things made of that warrant $280+ per piece when you can get a spicer for 30bux?? 😮

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No replies? I wanted to know more. :(

What were those ujoints, CTM? Yeah I think those things were like $300

Firemanray
03-26-2015, 07:24 AM
Putting that kind of $$$ into u joints on any part of a stock Xj drive line is a total waste of money. Invest in some reasonably priced Spicer u joints and you'll be good to go. I run precision from O'Reilly auto parts on mine and I've broke a lot of stuff but never a u joint. I use Spicer on my rock crawler and I've never broke one yet.

Mudderoy
03-26-2015, 08:14 AM
Putting that kind of $$$ into u joints on any part of a stock Xj drive line is a total waste of money. Invest in some reasonably priced Spicer u joints and you'll be good to go. I run precision from O'Reilly auto parts on mine and I've broke a lot of stuff but never a u joint. I use Spicer on my rock crawler and I've never broke one yet.

Yeah that sounds like rock bouncer stuff.

Firemanray
03-26-2015, 09:27 AM
Yeah that sounds like rock bouncer stuff.

Right, bouncers and other high horsepower / high torque monsters have to use that type u joint to stay together. (Rich people problems)

Mudderoy
03-26-2015, 11:40 AM
Right, bouncers and other high horsepower / high torque monsters have to use that type u joint to stay together. (Rich people problems)

Wait a minute, don't you have one of those! :P

Firemanray
03-26-2015, 01:00 PM
Wait a minute, don't you have one of those! :P

Yeah, well, I just lucked into mine, it's not a "bouncer" by far.