PDA

View Full Version : Any height/rating difference in OEM springs?

sbspence
03-20-2015, 03:09 PM
Okay. I'm sick of chasing one problem after another post Rough Country 3" AAL lift install. So I'm getting ready to pull the trigger on going back oem. I have an 01 limited and am chasing the best all around ride I can get. How would you set it up?

I'm thinking Bilstein shocks but beyond that I'm open. I checked on a oem Jeep website that a web search brought up and there were three different codes for the coils. FF, FE, and ZGM(I think). Grr. I'm thinking I heard or an up country option that netted an inch up front if be okay with that if that's still a possibility. What about rear leafs? Codes? Std, med, hvy duty? Oem aftermarket? Should I stick with stock stamped LCAs, UCA's, or do someone make a tougher stock alternative? Bushings for everything? Rubber? Poly? Looking for lowest NVH possible. ;). I'm also gonna need a track bar since I added an adjustable one chasing problems. PS: all this aftermarket stuff will be for sale if anyone is interested. 3" RC AAL, 3" lower LCAs , RE adjustable track bar, RC's best shocks all items with between 6and 8k easy local miles.
Thanks!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

XJ Wheeler
03-20-2015, 03:23 PM
If you're after the ride, i would go with Old Man Emu springs. I've never had the pleasure of feeling them but suppose to be the best ride around in the aftermarket. And you can pick the stiffness, i.e. Light medium heavy duty.

Sent via messenger pigeon - i talk, he types.

4.3LXJ
03-20-2015, 03:48 PM
X2 on Old Man Emu

sbspence
03-20-2015, 04:37 PM
Yeah I've always heard the same thing guys ,but, they don't offer stock replacement according to to the dealer I just spoke with. The shortest lift system is 2.5" and it's over $800 and Id' still probably have to go with an SYE kit install. This 01 that I own is SO finicky when I comes to suspension mods it's just plain silly. :bang:

I've found some Crown springs from 4Wheel Parts for like $60 a side I'm tempted with them...are there any any suppliers/dealers/sellers on the site that I can do business with?

I'm leaning towards standard Dorman over Crown springs because they come with bushings and Bilstein shocks right now. JY options seem silly since they will be AT LEAST 14 years old and who knows how many miles of roads...
:xj-red: