PDA

View Full Version : Washing the Jeep

Innojazz
03-08-2015, 04:22 PM
So, after the JK soft top cleaning discussion on last week's podcast, I began wondering, just how often does everyone wash their Jeep? I am one of those people who actually enjoys washing my cars so I do it every chance I get. I agree with Jeep Momma in the fact that Jeeps should get dirty but they shouldn't stay dirty for long. I love the look of a nice shiney Jeep.

It's getting to be towards the end of salty road season here in Michigan so I took advantage of the 50 degree weather today and spent about 3 hours washing vehicles. I actually got the creeper out and spent a lot of time rinsing off everything on the underside of the Jeep. I hate the effect that salt has on our vehicles so I try to keep them washed as much as possible throughout the winter. This is where the hot water tap in the garage comes in really handy.

So the question is, how often do you wash your Jeep?

4.3LXJ
03-08-2015, 04:58 PM
You are going to hate this. Last rain storm. Lots of wind from both directions so it got both sides :D

On a more serious note, last time I was in Minneapolis, the car washes there did the under side of the vehicle too

cpttuna
03-08-2015, 06:59 PM
when the local road crews are using salt, every weekend.

bluedragon436
03-08-2015, 10:24 PM
I only washed my 98 after getting a ticket for too much mud covering the windows... and when we had good weather during the Winter to wash off the salt she got on her from the snow.. My 97 I washed after I got her to try and get as much of the gunk off of it from the PO.. Going to wash her again when I get back stateside to rinse off any salt she got on her from the few short drives in the ice/snow these past few weeks...

XJ Wheeler
03-09-2015, 12:08 AM
Typically about 2-3 times a year, plus any times she gets muddy. Although mine gets used a lot less than most and sets under an awning and cover. ;)

Sent via messenger pigeon - i talk, he types.

Carves
03-09-2015, 12:39 AM
Depends on the qty of grasshoppers squashed on the windscreen .. :D

Underneath gets a hit when Im in a town with a carwash,

.... otherwise ...........

http://i1143.photobucket.com/albums/n629/carves-oz/Funnies/1201201301b.jpg

cantab27
03-09-2015, 02:05 AM
top................

cantab27
03-09-2015, 02:10 AM
inside .......

cantab27
03-09-2015, 02:12 AM
underside .....

clean mine after each comp or mud date :D

Brasscatz
03-09-2015, 09:42 AM
When I get a hair up my butt to go do it lol. Unless I went wheeling, then I'll wash it off usually within a week of the fun. I have an electric 1600 psi power washer that takes a looooong time to get mud out from under the Jeep, so including washing the mud out of the driveway... it takes around 6 hours. :(

OrangeXJ
03-09-2015, 10:11 AM
I'm a neat freak when it come's to vehicles. As soon as I get home from a wheelin trip it gets washed. It will also get washed when I get in from offshore so it looks good mall crawling :D

Mudderoy
03-09-2015, 10:43 AM
I like mine being clean, but it seems like every time I think about washing it and I check the weather I MAY have two days of it being clean. :(

rabies
03-13-2015, 11:01 AM
a friend tried to wash his honda fit speeding through a flash flood in a washout. 2ft deep.

needless to say. i replaced the motor for him. after takign off intake mani. dumped water out. rod was bent.
sorry kinda not relative

abebehrmann
03-13-2015, 11:06 AM
All I really do is hose everything down and check all fluids after I go through any water or mud deeper than a puddle. Other than that, I've washed it 1x in the 2 years I've had it. I live in FL though, so we don't get any salt on the roads. I know if I lived farther north, I would be washing it 1x per week when the salt is on the roads.