PDA

View Full Version : JKU wheels on XJ

Peabody68
03-04-2015, 07:29 PM
Does anyone know if JKU 17 inch wheels will fit an XJ? I've got a set from a Rubicon lying around and wanted to put some bigger tires on the XJ.

4.3LXJ
03-04-2015, 08:55 PM
No, they will not without wheel adaptors, which you can get. The XJ has a 5 on 4.5 bolt pattern and the JK has 5 on 5 bolt pattern

Peabody68
03-05-2015, 07:51 AM
Thanks for the info. Are the spacers worth the trouble, or just go with bigger tires on the stock rims?

xj-jake
03-05-2015, 08:05 AM
Check the legality of it. Some states don't like it. MN they are illegal but if you are careful and aren't doing stupid stuff you should be fine. I've run spacers on my last 2 jeeps without issue. But all it takes is one new cop on a power trip and I'd probably end up with a lengthy list of fines.

abebehrmann
03-05-2015, 09:02 AM
Thanks for the info. Are the spacers worth the trouble, or just go with bigger tires on the stock rims?

I've heard from quite a few people that run them no problem. Just have to make sure to use loctite on the bolts and make sure they're torqued correctly. I've been told to make sure you purchase hub-centric wheel-spacers/adapters that way the weight of the vehicle is supported by the hub and not the wheel studs. A friend of mine had the non hub-centric ones until he was driving on the highway and had all the studs on one wheel shear leaving him stranded on the highway (and cleaning his underpants I'm sure). :rolleye0012:

rabies
03-11-2015, 01:17 PM
rmember if you get spacers dont get "cheap" ones. the cheapy ones do not have forged studs and very poorly inserted into spacer. literaly breaking the spacer from the hub with wheel. happens alot with "yoyo head" gangsters that put big oversized wheels on cars....i see it all the time..30" wheels. 3 on the car. 1 broke and rolled down the street. with some real cool gangster waiting to get a ride from one of his girlfriends..