PDA

View Full Version : No start after injector swap

bcrosson92
02-20-2015, 02:45 PM
ok guys so i did the injector swap. it DID start after the swap. it ran for like 45 min. now it wont start. its been damn cold like below zero over night. so what ive done is swap in a different battery that is known to be good. plus the one i took out is brand new. filled the tank with gas. and put two bottles of gas treatment with dry gas in it. also tried jumping it with a car but did not start still. im waiting to try it with the truck after he gets home. so keeping in mind that it did start after the swap and ran. what else should i try? i also did reset the ecu twice. :banghead:

HEAPofJEEP
02-20-2015, 03:08 PM
Have you done anything to find out what's missing? Fuel, Spark, or Compression? Since you just swapped injectors, I would start with testing fuel pressure. Maybe you're not getting a good seal with one of the injectors and losing pressure.

Can you hear the fuel pump priming when you go to start it?

Could also be a something entirely unrelated to the injectors, so I also wouldn't get to caught up and focused on them, but that's where I would start since it had the most recent work done.

bcrosson92
02-20-2015, 03:11 PM
i can hear it prime. i get fuel to the rail. the injectors should be sealing good no visible gas leaking. have not checked spark or compression or fuel pressure. but what is the most annoying is that it ran after i swapped them.

HEAPofJEEP
02-20-2015, 03:18 PM
Maybe check for spark real quick, just so you can rule it in or out as a possible cause.

bcrosson92
02-20-2015, 03:23 PM
i dont have a spark tester

HEAPofJEEP
02-20-2015, 03:34 PM
You can pull a plug wire and then use something to ground it to the block. Some people use a screw driver or something like that, but I like using a spare spark plug or even pulling one out of the block... hook the plug wire up to it, and ground the plug on the block, then have someone try starting the engine. You're looking for a strong, blue, snapping spark. Anything less, and it might not be enough to start the engine.

bluedragon436
02-20-2015, 03:37 PM
So it is turning over, right?? And you said it ran for 45 minutes... did you cut it off @ that 45 mins, or did it cut off on it's own?? And you said you reset the ECU did you do the full thing, or just pull the battery cables for a short time??

bcrosson92
02-20-2015, 03:54 PM
i cut it off after 45. i did the full reset pulled the cables and turned the headlights on and all. im not sure i saw a spark just now ill try new plugs.

OrangeXJ
02-20-2015, 03:56 PM
what injectors did you use? I did an injector 4 hole swap on my 4.0 TJ and it did the same thing. The injectors I used was the 0280155712 I think thay are for a Neon and were supposed to work in a 4.0. Put the old injectors back in been running great.

bcrosson92
02-20-2015, 05:04 PM
i used the neon ones with plug adapters. but it WAS BAD plugs!!!!! ughh they were all oily and one was all muddy.

bluedragon436
02-20-2015, 09:59 PM
i used the neon ones with plug adapters. but it WAS BAD plugs!!!!! ughh they were all oily and one was all muddy.

So I take it then, that it all works as planned now??

bcrosson92
02-21-2015, 09:57 AM
Yep I was just being bull headed. Since I changed the plugs when I got the jeep.