PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Northern Michigan

HEAPofJEEP
02-20-2015, 10:45 AM
Just wanted to pop in to say and introduce myself.

My name is Jason and I bought my first Cherokee about 13 months ago, and have been trying to fix it up ever since.

I started a youtube channel about my journey, that was sort of supposed to be kind of a personal blog about my experiences. I do not know much about wrenching on vehicles.. I don't own fancy tools... and worst of all, I've always been pretty intimidated to work on my own vehicles.

My goal was to get past all of that, and show, whoever was interested, that it was possible to teach yourself how to fix your own vehicles by watching other youtube videos. I know, kind of a weird premiss, but it sort of got a small following, and its growing slowly. The link is in my signature, if you wanted to check it out.

As for my Jeep, it is coming along... Half way done with the floors, new leaf springs, Tune up and other general maintenance, some steering upgrades, new shocks... I think that might be about all I've done so far.

I will be fabricating a roof rack soon, and doing something about my rusted out rockers (Probably some 2x6 steel tube), I've got a new fuel tank to put on, once it warms up, and then finishing the floors in the cargo area (Same time as when I drop the gas tank).

So, I've still got a ways to go, but am always looking for other Jeep lovers to learn from and maybe, once she's in decent enough condition, to go out wheeling with.

prerunner1982
02-20-2015, 10:52 AM
Welcome from Oklahoma.

XJ Wheeler
02-20-2015, 12:49 PM
Welcome to the site! You've got a good bite on it by the sound of it. Kudos on fighting the subconscious fear of tackling the mechanical whoas. Had a bit of that myself for a long time early on. Put up some pics when ya can, we love pics... :D

Sent via messenger pigeon - i talk, he types.

Brasscatz
02-20-2015, 12:54 PM
Hello and welcome! I applaud you for biting the bullet and doing work on your jeep. We all start somewhere and it looks like you're doing an awesome job

HEAPofJEEP
02-20-2015, 01:15 PM
Welcome to the site! You've got a good bite on it by the sound of it. Kudos on fighting the subconscious fear of tackling the mechanical whoas. Had a bit of that myself for a long time early on. Put up some pics when ya can, we love pics... :D

Hey thanks a lot! Don't really have many pictures. I don't know why. I spend a lot of time with a camera and my Jeep, but its all video, and most of them just show me cursing under my breath as I deal with rusted out floors, and changing leaf springs where the bolts won't come out... a lot of nightmares. LOL.

XJ Wheeler
02-20-2015, 05:14 PM
Hey thanks a lot! Don't really have many pictures. I don't know why. I spend a lot of time with a camera and my Jeep, but its all video, and most of them just show me cursing under my breath as I deal with rusted out floors, and changing leaf springs where the bolts won't come out... a lot of nightmares. LOL.

I hear ya. Mines a transplant from Iowa so parts fall off almost daily. :p