PDA

View Full Version : Undercarriage: What goes in these holes?

Crist Clapper
02-16-2015, 08:35 PM
Undercarriage: What goes in these holes?

http://i873.photobucket.com/albums/ab291/clapperc/Slide1.png

http://i873.photobucket.com/albums/ab291/clapperc/Slide2.png

4.3LXJ
02-16-2015, 08:43 PM
Took me awhile to figure out where that was. The answer is nothing. Not sure why there are nutserts there

XJ Wheeler
02-17-2015, 01:18 AM
I can shed some light on a couple of them. Most of them are unused, ya got me as to why they would put a bunch of useless holes in the frame but...

The factory tow hooks have an extra bracket that ties to two of the holes by the sway bar (one per side). And behind the swaybar is a flat bracket that simply attaches the rubber air block thing. I have removed mine but this is an older pic so I still had it on. :D

And I can't tell what it is but I can see a bolt and nut/clip thing on the frame at the bottom of this pic. I've looked through all my pics and can't find one of what is bolted there. But I will take a pic tomorrow if you need me to. Edit: well the pic is upside down so its at the top now. :crazy:

Carves
02-17-2015, 05:16 AM
The ones behind/rear of the swaybar mount - are for the factory bash plate.

The other two near that engine bracket ... if its the spot Im thinking of,

... is where my panhard rod is mounted.

... but you blokes dont call 'em panhard rods ... you call 'em, trackbars,

... and over there you stick the mounts on the wrong side of the car - just like the steering wheel .. ;);) .. :p .. :D

Crist Clapper
02-17-2015, 09:19 AM
Headed out to the garage shortly to check-out the helpful information... Stay tuned! :driving:

abebehrmann
02-17-2015, 09:26 AM
Yep, I know the hole closest to the sway bar on each side is for the front skid plate. Other than that I can't help.

Brasscatz
02-17-2015, 10:52 AM
They double as handy little hangers for worklights ;)

msmoorenburg
02-17-2015, 11:08 AM
factory skid plate bolts to to them

Crist Clapper
02-17-2015, 12:16 PM
Skid-plate confirmed. If anyone know of one available... Please let me know! It appears they are part numbers: 82200613 & 82200616

Crist Clapper
02-17-2015, 01:09 PM
The ones behind/rear of the swaybar mount - are for the factory bash plate.

The other two near that engine bracket ... if its the spot Im thinking of,

... is where my panhard rod is mounted.

... but you blokes dont call 'em panhard rods ... you call 'em, trackbars,

... and over there you stick the mounts on the wrong side of the car - just like the steering wheel .. ;);) .. :p .. :D

:sign0142:

Is the "panhard" rod optional?

abebehrmann
02-17-2015, 01:13 PM
Panhard rod is just another name for the trackbar. And down under they are mounted on the opposite side due to them being right-hand drive.

Crist Clapper
02-17-2015, 01:24 PM
Panhard rod is just another name for the trackbar. And down under they are mounted on the opposite side due to them being right-hand drive.

Oh... So the folks down-under would have un-used hole(s) on the opposite side... Yes?

abebehrmann
02-17-2015, 01:46 PM
Oh... So the folks down-under would have un-used hole(s) on the opposite side... Yes?

That's what I understood from his post. But to be honest, half the time I can barely understand what in the sam hill those Aussies and Kiwis are saying. :smiley-taunt002::rolleye0012::D:P

Brasscatz
02-17-2015, 03:36 PM
That's what I understood from his post. But to be honest, half the time I can barely understand what in the sam hill those Aussies and Kiwis are saying. :smiley-taunt002::rolleye0012::D:P

lol, just wait until you ask them how many (random item) they want and they reply "6. I want 6."..... you'll do a double take

Carves
02-17-2015, 06:40 PM
What this, "skid plate", everyone is banging on about .. :confused::confused:

:p .. :D

a few ... and a panhard rod/bar is called that ... due it originating at the Panhard car company back when jesus was a baby.

lol, just wait until you ask them how many (random item) they want and they reply "6. I want 6."..... you'll do a double take

oyyyy .. :mad: ... at least we say 6,

... unlike the kiwis, who would say " sox, we want sox" ... or "sex, we want sex"

4.3LXJ
02-17-2015, 07:14 PM
Sex? Sounds reasonable

NeverSmashaPaul
02-17-2015, 11:10 PM

Factory steering skid plate. I had one. Doesn't really help over 3 inches of lift.

Disregard the lack of pumpkin. I've fixed it. :smiley-scared003:

Crist Clapper
02-19-2015, 10:31 AM
I found a guy who has the steering skid-plate. He also reports he has a transfer-case skid-plate. Help with where/what it is installed?

abebehrmann
02-19-2015, 10:35 AM
I've got one on my 99. Bolts to two nutserts on the transmission crossmember and at least one on the drivers side frame rail. IIRC there is another hole on the frame side but mine didn't come with a bolt there, not sure if it was something lost by the previous owner or not.

Crist Clapper
02-19-2015, 11:37 AM
I've got one on my 99. Bolts to two nutserts on the transmission crossmember and at least one on the drivers side frame rail. IIRC there is another hole on the frame side but mine didn't come with a bolt there, not sure if it was something lost by the previous owner or not.

Remember I'm mechanically challenged! :D I looked up the connection points/parts in the parts catalog/diagrams... But a photo visual, if possible, would be helpful? :patriot:

abebehrmann
02-19-2015, 11:45 AM
Not my pic but this looks like my oem skid. I can get a pic of mine tonight of you need a better angle.

Crist Clapper
02-19-2015, 06:32 PM
Not my pic but this looks like my oem skid. I can get a pic of mine tonight of you need a better angle.

Thanks! I'll take whatever help I can get! :D

bruggz351
02-20-2015, 01:37 AM

˙˙˙˙ǝʇɐɯ `ǝɹǝɥʇ ƃuıʎɐs ɹnoʎ ʇɐɥʍ dsɐɹƃ ı ǝɹns ʇou ɯ,ı :rolleye0012: