PDA

View Full Version : I'm moving out of Commifornia

07Negative
02-13-2015, 03:36 PM
I quit my job and moving to North Dakota!

prerunner1982
02-13-2015, 03:41 PM
Goodluck... sounds like a much better place to live.

OrangeXJ
02-13-2015, 03:42 PM
Got a job lined up there?

07Negative
02-13-2015, 03:45 PM
Yup. I accepted a job last on Wednesday. Oil Field of course.

OrangeXJ
02-13-2015, 04:00 PM
Yup. I accepted a job last on Wednesday. Oil Field of course.

Thats good I know there were alot of that type of work up there. I'm in the same industry here in Texas (offshore) They are good paying jobs.

XJ Wheeler
02-13-2015, 04:03 PM
Its about time! :p

Congrats, i'm sure life is much easier away from there.

Sent via messenger pigeon - i talk, he types.

4.3LXJ
02-13-2015, 04:47 PM
This permanent or temporary Deejay?

07Negative
02-13-2015, 05:10 PM
ideally permanent. I still have convincing to do with the lady. She's staying here with the kid. She'll be coming out in April and we'll be doing a road trip so that she can see it's not the hellish place these Cali people have told her it is. People that haven't even been out of cali saying stupid shit about the midwest pisses me off to no end.

denverd1
02-13-2015, 06:32 PM
Awesome sounds like a great move.

07Negative
02-13-2015, 06:46 PM
I knew all you Texas folks would agree on the move :) My buddy from Texas says, "The only thing I hate worse than a hot beer is California."

bluedragon436
02-14-2015, 01:06 AM
Congrats on the move... Hope you'll be able to easy persuade her to move out with you..

junkyard zombie
02-14-2015, 08:46 AM
I quit my job and moving to North Dakota!
Congrats! I left SoCal in '94. We had moved out there in '90 during the oil bust in Texas in the late '80's. Went out there with my wife and son, came back with 3 sons. Must be something in the water out there.

Good luck in the new career and adventure. I never regretted moving and learning new things. Back home in Texas now and all is good.

dispensationalist
02-14-2015, 06:12 PM
...good move

Brasscatz
02-14-2015, 10:25 PM
It'll be cold as heck.... but well worth it!

Pookapotamus
02-15-2015, 11:51 AM
Should be some great wheeling there! Good luck!!

xjzaped
02-16-2015, 12:37 PM
I was born in Orange county. Moved to Texas when I was 8. I'll never go back.

My dad worked for Caltrans then…now TxDOT.

Go get you some real firearms now…standard capacity AR mags run less than $15 a piece on the East side of that Iron curtain.

4.3LXJ
02-16-2015, 01:09 PM
Well guys, you are right. There are some real arm pits in CA, and Deejay lived in one of them. Oakland is not even a good place to be from. But I have to tell ya, it is not so bad living where I do. In fact Deejay has been here and loved it

Mudderoy
02-16-2015, 01:35 PM
I think California is a beautiful state and there are many good people there, unfortunately some how the nuts have been able to override common sense. Lets all remember the "conservative" president Reagan was from California. Although he did give amnesty, but no president is perfect.

xjzaped
02-16-2015, 01:53 PM
I think California is a beautiful state and there are many good people there, unfortunately some how the nuts have been able to override common sense. Lets all remember the "conservative" president Reagan was from California. Although he did give amnesty, but no president is perfect.

Let's count the number of vehicles I can't register in the state of California…all of them (thanks CARB).

XJ Wheeler
02-17-2015, 02:46 AM
Well guys, you are right. There are some real arm pits in CA, and Deejay lived in one of them. Oakland is not even a good place to be from. But I have to tell ya, it is not so bad living where I do. In fact Deejay has been here and loved it

I've been to California a couple times for work and man, one of the most beautiful places I've been. Over the years of being on the site I take it you're out of town a bit? I think its bad in most "cities" everywhere. Take Houston, inside the city... sucks. The general public has that big city mentality that lacks respect, manners, and well most places morals. Its becoming more and more "progressive" :rolleyes: And sadly I don't think that reflects the majority of the public, just the people in charge. Once you get outside the city its more what you expect from Texas. Pickup trucks, guns, trees, and well... its hot everywhere. I expect its similar over there too, right? Only californias version. I will say that on one of those trips we went into San Diego and that place has a spot in my heart. The awesome weather, multiple sceneries within mere miles, and good people I could see living in a place like that. But I think the big reason California is looked upon... as it is, is the policies, "P.C." persona, and reputation of not being enthusiast friendly. My take. Its one of the most beautiful places I've been, has the largest following of car guys and girls in the nation, and the variety of terrain and weather would make me very happy. Although, with all the downsides of living there and strict regulations concerning cars it would be a tough decision. From what I've heard the cost of living isn't very easy to overcome either.

Enough of my blathering... :rolleye0012:

4.3LXJ
02-17-2015, 09:55 AM
Yup, I live out of town on a secluded private driveway. And believe it or not, I have a large city park within walking distance, as well as rice fields for miles. I am right on the edge of civilization. My biggest people problem is the new neighbors haven't learned how to not drive in the puddles on a gravel drive way. And yes, if you are an enthusiast of any kind, there is something here for you. There are more 4WD clubs and trails than any other state, in fact several states combined

xjzaped
02-18-2015, 12:02 PM
I do have many good memories from California. When I get home in a bit ill post some of them from the Mohave.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

07Negative
02-20-2015, 12:21 AM
Steve's place is freaking t!ts! I loved it. Had he not been able to bench press a XJ. Ida done stay and worked his land.
I don't hate Cali entirely. We have an amazing landscape. Our native plants is what gets me excited. But after an arrest that cost me $30,311 for some anchor babies doing a drive by shooting on my street. Only being able to afford to live in the hood. I've got a kid. The education system is crap here. I want out. But I'm not from here. I'm a whatever redneck hillbilly from farm land Iowa. And since I'm not a bleeding heart liberal. I don't fit in too well.

downsy
02-26-2015, 08:57 PM
The Dakotas are beautiful. To me anyway. The Western states and mid-west have some very unique beauty I think. I'd choose nearly anywhere out there over Cali.