PDA

View Full Version : Factory Keyless Entry problems?

Jeepster19
02-10-2015, 09:15 PM
Anyone out there having problems with their keyless entry,specifically key fob distance?On my 98 sometimes it works when I'm about 25 feet away,sometimes I have to be right beside it.It has a fresh battery so I'm thinking maybe the fob is going bad?It gets to be frustrating at times!:bang::bang:

TallGuyJeep
02-11-2015, 11:48 AM
I would try to take it apart and clean the battery contact points. And while you are in there check for any bad soldering or whatnot. Wish i could be more help, but i never really use mine, never bothered to get new batteries. It only works when i hold it against the window and push the button a couple times :P

bluedragon436
02-12-2015, 03:39 AM
Don't know, don't have keyless entry on my 97 (yet)... but on my 98 I used to have that problem, and thought maybe it was just me.. I pulled the board back out of the dome light and pulled the fobs apart and cleaned them all up with contact cleaner and looked for any damaged contacts or solder joints, and didn't find any... but that seemed to have helped some... occasionally (quite a few less then originally) it would still not work till I was closer, but for me so long as they door was unlocked by the time I got to the door to open it I was happy!!