PDA

View Full Version : My wife/significant other surprised me

Brasscatz
02-09-2015, 08:46 PM
I thought it might be cool to have a thread on how our wives/significant others have surprised us. Whether it be with a gift or just something they said.

Tonight, my wife and I were watching a movie and there was an old army jeep in it. I paused the movie to share with her the way that Jeep got its name (I recently learned from Steve's history lesson on the podcast and thought it was a nifty piece of info). So I pause it and ask if she minded if I shared a very brief history tidbit about jeep. She said, I probably already know it, but go ahead and try. Well, I didn't think there was any way she would know the origin of the name, so I said ok, tell me how jeeps got that name.
Without missing a beat, she said... and I'm completely serious.... "they were called 'General Purpose' vehicles and 'GP' for short, and that was eventually shortened further to 'Jeep'".

As I was picking my jaw off the floor, she proceeded to tell me how troops used to "mail" home one part at a time so they could have their own jeep. I had known this last part for quite some time, but I was shocked that she knew the origin of the name long before I did!

Feel free to chime in with your own stories

Mudderoy
02-09-2015, 08:53 PM
I thought it might be cool to have a thread on how our wives/significant others have surprised us. Whether it be with a gift or just something they said.

Tonight, my wife and I were watching a movie and there was an old army jeep in it. I paused the movie to share with her the way that Jeep got its name (I recently learned from Steve's history lesson on the podcast and thought it was a nifty piece of info). So I pause it and ask if she minded if I shared a very brief history tidbit about jeep. She said, I probably already know it, but go ahead and try. Well, I didn't think there was any way she would know the origin of the name, so I said ok, tell me how jeeps got that name.
Without missing a beat, she said... and I'm completely serious.... "they were called 'General Purpose' vehicles and 'GP' for short, and that was eventually shortened further to 'Jeep'".

As I was picking my jaw off the floor, she proceeded to tell me how troops used to "mail" home one part at a time so they could have their own jeep. I had known this last part for quite some time, but I was shocked that she knew the origin of the name long before I did!

Feel free to chime in with your own stories

I bet you didn't know she's submitting a segment "The History of Jeep!" for next week's show.

Brasscatz
02-09-2015, 08:55 PM
I bet you didn't know she's submitting a segment "The History of Jeep!" for next week's show.

She's actually been working on something similar called... "Jim, you have 3 Jeeps... 2 of them are about to BE history!!"