PDA

View Full Version : Still having mild running probs

texasxj
02-08-2015, 06:09 PM
ok guys so i replaced TPS, Fuel pump, Fuel filter, new plugs, new wires, new cap/rotor, cleaned the idle air control valve put a new down stream o2 (still need to add the up stream) AND it runns 10 times better but im still have some probs.

it will idle rough and kinda feel like it want to die while im coasting to a stop with the brakes, but it stops and evens out when i come to a complete stop, some times it lightly surges.

only once has it geven me a high speed issue, it kinda jerked kinda like it was wanting to die but more just jerked, but it still dosent like to take allot of peddle

any ideas?

4.3LXJ
02-08-2015, 07:59 PM
Do your brakes hiss when you step on them? Get that upstream sensor in and it will probably run better

texasxj
02-08-2015, 09:05 PM
no hissing that could indicate a vacuum leak

texasxj
02-09-2015, 07:37 PM
does any one know why my trans dont like to up shift when its cold? after i drive a bit than stop it acts normal. its not slipping just wont shift

OldFaurt
02-09-2015, 08:02 PM
does any one know why my trans dont like to up shift when its cold? after i drive a bit than stop it acts normal. its not slipping just wont shift

Cold shift issues often indicate a worn pump. The next thing to do is drain fluid, replace filter (if not done yet) and make sure you are using the right trans fluid, NOT Dexron II. I use Coastal Multi-vehicle Synthetic Blend MERCON-V.
When I first got my Jeep, it shifted like shit ,but Drain, fill, run Drain, fill with this fluid really helped a lot. Use of Dexron II will cause slippage!