PDA

View Full Version : Welcome Matt1ocon!!!

cantab27
02-02-2015, 02:53 PM
Hi Matt1ocon, :welcome: to the :xjtalk: forum!

We would love to know more about you and your Jeep. How you found us, etc...

Be sure and check out our XJ TALK SHOW! (http://podcasts.xjtalk.com) It\'s about Cherokees! It\'s like a radio talk show, but from the Internet.

Check out our sister sites, http://www.WranglerTalk.com/ and http://www.di-dah-dit.com/

Matt1ocon
02-02-2015, 02:58 PM
Thank you I found you through googling jeep forumns in tapatalk and I own a 98 Cherokee 2.5 vrm diesel

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

XJ Wheeler
02-02-2015, 03:45 PM
Welcome to xjtalk from the States Matt. Glad to have ya join us here and may i add congrats on the diesel xj. Its something we missed out on over here. We have a few members from your part of the world as well. Post up your jeep when you can.

Sent via messenger pigeon - i talk, he types.

Matt1ocon
02-02-2015, 03:55 PM
Thanks very much for the warm welcome, I got it cheap with headgasket failed and ive fixed all that and worked my way through a long list of faults and enjoy how easy it is to work on so far I only have a few pics at the mo but I'll post them 6917

XJ Wheeler
02-02-2015, 04:18 PM
Thanks very much for the warm welcome, I got it cheap with headgasket failed and ive fixed all that and worked my way through a long list of faults and enjoy how easy it is to work on so far I only have a few pics at the mo but I'll post them 6917

I ended up going with the same method, buy cheap and mend the problems that kept the price down. ;) Makes for a good project and loads of fun.

Glad you got it fixed and its going well. You probably have knowledge few do on here with the 2.5 vm. I like the look. Appears to be in good shape. Always wanted the amber turn signals, only got clear here as well.

Matt1ocon
02-02-2015, 05:02 PM
Yeah I work on the theory that you could spend top doller and end up with the same problems at least I know what has been done this way, it runs strong and the most expensive things have been getting the alternator reconditioned and had to get a new #1 injector which has a sensor in (turns out the ford Scorpio, Chrysler voyager, Vauxhall fontera 2.5 diesels all have same engine) and I got a brand new one for cheap. I suppose with the lack of diesels over there I may have useful Intel like you say, if is a tidy motor with full leather seats I'll get some more pics when she's cleaned up

XJ Wheeler
02-02-2015, 05:20 PM
Yeah I work on the theory that you could spend top doller and end up with the same problems at least I know what has been done this way, it runs strong and the most expensive things have been getting the alternator reconditioned and had to get a new #1 injector which has a sensor in (turns out the ford Scorpio, Chrysler voyager, Vauxhall fontera 2.5 diesels all have same engine) and I got a brand new one for cheap. I suppose with the lack of diesels over there I may have useful Intel like you say, if is a tidy motor with full leather seats I'll get some more pics when she's cleaned up

That is very true and a good way to learn. I bought an older ford with the knowledge of its head gasket being bad, which turned out to be cracked heads, but i learnt so much from doing that i wouldn't go back.

See, i didn't know that they used the same 2.5. Good thing i guess so parts are more plentiful.

We rarely get the diesel versions of anything other than 3/4ton trucks and more. Some VWs and Benz but otherwise its rare. And it doesn't make sense to me. Tried racking my brain why. I mean, people are nuts for the prius over here that gets 45-50mpg and is hideous but you guys get diesel sedans and coupes that get 70-80mpg. Seems like a no brainer to me.

Matt1ocon
02-02-2015, 05:29 PM
Your fuel prices are cheaper :p why buy a diesel when you can have a big v8 haha

XJ Wheeler
02-02-2015, 05:49 PM
Your fuel prices are cheaper :p why buy a diesel when you can have a big v8 haha

Ha! True but its still a big factor here. Mpg is the leading reason people choose a certain car. And one that gets 70 mpg would be extremely successful here. I think the general public has a bad view of diesel for some reason. :confused:

Matt1ocon
02-02-2015, 05:53 PM
It is strange how you don't have the same engine choices we do, I like diesel and petrol both have good and bad sides, I have a mitsubishi Gto twin turbo (you might know them as dodge stealth) and a mercedes t1 2.9 diesel I like mpg but sometimes it's fun just to let off a little steam in form of bhp lol

XJ Wheeler
02-02-2015, 06:19 PM
It is strange how you don't have the same engine choices we do, I like diesel and petrol both have good and bad sides, I have a mitsubishi Gto twin turbo (you might know them as dodge stealth) and a mercedes t1 2.9 diesel I like mpg but sometimes it's fun just to let off a little steam in form of bhp lol

That's what i'm saying. I mean, the work is already done and they are already in production. You guys have stronger regulations so they shouldn't need to be redone to meet ours so what's the deal?!

We have the 3000 gt that is closer than the stealth but you just don't see many at all anymore. Share really, pretty cool cars. I know what you mean about letting off steam. All i have right now running is the jeep so i have some deep inside waiting for when i get something more powerful. :D

Matt1ocon
02-02-2015, 06:25 PM
Some idiot probably decided you don't need the diesel versions I guess lol.

Yea the 3000gt is also the same car really nice cars shame they are rare tho, my jeep and van are only running cars ive got an engine coming next week for the Gto tho so hopefully will have that back soon 69186919692069216922

XJ Wheeler
02-02-2015, 06:39 PM
Whew! That looks GOOD! Most of the ones here don't look half that nice. Sweet!