PDA

View Full Version : Hello all From Corpus Christi Tx

texasxj
01-29-2015, 07:27 PM
Hey all, i just got my first XJ, or jeep for that matter so far loving it. Shes a 96 with the NP242 T case. I just looked around online to find a forum that it looked like i would like so here i am!

I just traded her for my 94 dodge dakota and i have a few questions bout her, so is some one would help me out that would be bad ass!

first, running issues: everything works grate, BUT when shes cold she dosent like to stay idling even more so in gear. i have to feather the gas like a car with a gummed up carb. also this morning when i was on the HYW at around 65 it started sputtering and trying to die like it was running out of gas, but once i let up a little it evened out and would climb back to speed, however it did not repeat this on my way home this afternoon. any ideas? to me it seems like a fuel issue of some kind. also the down stream O2 sensor is disconnected, the huy i got it from sait the wires got caught in the drive shaft but this shouldent effect running should it? seeing how that O2 should only be for emissions, but no dash lights are on.
it has a few other issues but nothing as debilitating as this one

second rust control: i have some holes but not enough to replace floor pans. any ideas for treatment? i was thinking of hitting all rust with rust reformer, applying a coat of bondo to fill in and fortify the area then BEDLINE THE SHIT OUT OF IT!!! lol any thoghts

if any one would like to help that would be nice!!

https://scontent-a-dfw.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xfa1/v/t1.0-9/p180x540/1505315_433725490111996_8504651887585494904_n.jpg? oh=ae4277d275d8086ac1ae8c1e90dd3bac&oe=5521A8E0

4.3LXJ
01-29-2015, 09:04 PM
Congrats on the new Jeep. Welcome to our obsession.

First the idling. This is a simple one. There is an idle air controller on the throttle body. They get dirty. So all you probably have to do is pull it and clean it and the place it rests. Problem probably solved.

Second, the running at speed. Since you have one O2 sensor disconnected, you had better repair the wiring and replace the sensor. A few bucks I know. But the engine computer relies on it for information about how the primary O2 sensor is doing. So reconnect it and put both new sensors and this probably will take care of your high speed problems.

bluedragon436
01-29-2015, 09:09 PM
:welcome: to :xjtalk1: from Delaware!! That looks like a pretty decent deal you got on the XJ.. What part of TX are you located?? We have quite a few great folks on here, and many of them are in different parts of TX.. so some of them you might be able to get up with in person to work on your XJ and help you out with the current "issues" you are having.. But I'm sure one of our resident knowledgeable folks will chime in here shortly for the issues you are having...

texasxj
01-29-2015, 09:14 PM
Im here in Corpus Christi Tx and all that sounds about what i figured, ima replace the fuel filter to

4.3LXJ
01-29-2015, 09:57 PM
Will, we have a pod cast that starts in a few minutes. The preshow starts at 8:00 PM. Click on the podcast link at the top and you can listen in live

bigjim350
01-30-2015, 05:32 AM
Welcome to the site. Corpus is my most favorite place to go in TX. Ill have to meet up with and and run PINS next time im down there.

texasxj
01-30-2015, 05:49 AM
Welcome to the site. Corpus is my most favorite place to go in TX. Ill have to meet up with and and run PINS next time im down there.

ya for sure, me and a friend are wanting to go down the shoreline to Mansfield Cut soon, i wana get my jeep ready for it but we want more ppl to come

Brasscatz
01-30-2015, 08:21 AM
Hello and welcome from Houston! Sounds like these guys have already addressed the issues you're having. 4.3LXJ is in California, so the podcast starts at 10pm Thursdays for us ;)

xj-jake
01-30-2015, 08:23 AM
Welcome to :xjtalk:! This is a great place to hang out and there's plenty of people always willing to help out. Don't be afraid to ask any questions there's always an answer without flaming.

XJ Wheeler
01-30-2015, 08:14 PM
Welcome to xjtalk. Congrats on the "new" jeep and addiction. It never ends so be prepared for it to take over. ;)

Sent via messenger pigeon - i talk, he types.

robuilt
02-06-2016, 05:50 AM
Welcome. I'm from San Antonio.

Get ahold of the guys from Third Coast Jeepers in Corpus. All awesome members

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk