PDA

View Full Version : Just My Luck!!

RVXJ
01-25-2015, 03:42 PM
I've been looking for a used Chrysler 8.25 29 spline diff carrier for a while. Found one on Ebay last month. Stated it was a 29 spline that would take 4:10 gears. Alright just what I needed! $85 shipped to my door. Sold! So, I go ahead and buy some new axles ( not the same place) so I'll be ready to install before Spring.
Today is a nice day, for a change, so I go out to install my Power Trax locker,clean the diff up, remove the spiders, clean it again, gather up all my stuff, sit down and try one side of the locker to see how it fits.... It fit just like when I tried it in the 27 spline in my Jeep. It doesn't! I count the splines and sure enough, it's a 27 spline diff carrier. Now, I have to pay shipping to send it back. What's bad is I bought it from a gear shop! Just my luck!:banghead:

Brasscatz
01-25-2015, 09:42 PM
Ouch, might be able to file a claim through ebay because the product wasn't as advertised. Isn't right having to pay to send back the wrong thing imho

bluedragon436
01-25-2015, 11:05 PM
Ouch, might be able to file a claim through ebay because the product wasn't as advertised. Isn't right having to pay to send back the wrong thing imho

Agreed.. was kind of thinking the same thing when I read this.. but it's been so long since I purchased from Ebay, wasn't sure what the rules were anymore on this..

RVXJ
01-26-2015, 07:07 AM

Yes, I agree, but when I went to Ebay to request a refund for wrong Item, they directed me to print a return label, and then it went to Paypal. We'll see how it turns out in the end.

RVXJ
01-31-2015, 12:09 PM
I got the $85 back less the $25 for shipping it back. What a crock!

bluedragon436
01-31-2015, 04:42 PM
Yeah that is pretty crappy to not get the money back for the shipping..