PDA

View Full Version : Input for buying a 2008 to 2010 grand cherokee

DanXJ97
01-25-2015, 07:54 AM
My wife loves our 1997 XJ and wants a grand Cherokee for a DD. I would like hear from all of you on which one is a good one to buy. Which engine is best?It would be used as a DD so drivetrain does not matter. Thanks again for your time and input. Dan :patriot:

bluedragon436
01-25-2015, 08:06 AM
I like this era of the GC for the look and overall DD use... I drove a 2009 Hemi GC and loved it.. it had plenty of power for hauling anything that you might choose to haul with it, and was an amazingly comfortable interior.. The one I looked at was lifted just slightly, and had some decently beefy tires, probably something similar to what the Rubicons used to run stock.. and it made it look pretty decent for a DD Jeep.. Had the I'm ready to hit the trails look but for everyday street use... Was lucky to be test driving it during a snow fall too, and it handled it amazingly well... not that that should be an issue for your location.. But for me I have to say the 5.7L was the best engine option for that series GC.. only cause the 4.7 has always been plagued with issues.. Another option is the SRT8 GC from 09-10.. it has the 6.1L Hemi and a few other comfort options that the regular GC doesn't have... but it has a bit of a price tag on it, even used..

denverd1
01-26-2015, 03:18 PM
I've decided on a 2009 Grand Cherokee. Found one with the 5.7 Hemi, limited trim, 4x4 and a few grandma miles on it. just gotta sell my truck first.

Seems to be a good combination of towing capacity with decent mpgs, offroad ability and creature comforts.

will have it setup like this for a few years, until I go crazy and D30 swap it
http://jeepin.com/images/news/2009ejs/JeepGrandCherokee2.jpg

base truck is this color:
http://photos.ecarlist.com/ea/TD/uJ/HD/TY/kv/pO/v5/aQ/1W/zg_640.jpg

bluedragon436
01-26-2015, 03:34 PM
I think you'll be very happy with that setup... I love my Hemi... even more so with a little bit of massaging as far as performance goes... I think that body style looks pretty darn nice setup with a bit of lift and aggressive tires... That red one is a nice looking rig for sure...

denverd1
01-26-2015, 03:55 PM
yessir. Blue, you got a programmer on yours?

I realized that red one has close to 4" of lift. won't be going that big to start, likely just level it and put 31/32s on. Pepping up the engine is high on the list as is upgrading the brakes. I'll be towing over 5000 lbs and don't want to push the envelope stopping it. rated at 6500 but ya know how those factory ratings are

bluedragon436
01-26-2015, 04:32 PM
I have a tuner, a hand made LMI CF intake that is pure beef in size and a full MBRP stainless exhaust.. love the sound of it, both hearing the air being sucked into the intake and the beautiful tone coming out of the exhaust

XJ Wheeler
01-27-2015, 12:05 AM
For anyone needing inspiration on these I did a drawing a while back for a friend.

bluedragon436
01-27-2015, 12:30 AM
For anyone needing inspiration on these I did a drawing a while back for a friend.

That's a nice ass drawing... I wish I had the skills do something like tha.. I can do drafting and blueprints for houses, but that is about it for me..

XJ Wheeler
01-27-2015, 12:40 AM
That's a nice ass drawing... I wish I had the skills do something like tha.. I can do drafting and blueprints for houses, but that is about it for me..

Trust me, there's a lot of erasing going on. :D Thanks!