PDA

View Full Version : Wire harness

dagod16
01-19-2015, 08:55 PM
So the wire harness or wires that go from my driver door to the jeep body need to be replaced. I had it replaced like 175,000 miles ago for free under warranty. I think it is a wire harness, with a plug on each end.

Does anyone know what this is or looks like and can post a link? MAybe a link for me to buy one.

My switches no longer work and it's not the switch it's the harness. I can't open any of the windows.

I guess it works once in a while but it's time to fix.

Thanks

abebehrmann
01-20-2015, 08:40 AM
I don't have power windows in my XJ but I did find this video about fixing a problem that sounds like yours.

http://youtu.be/x6duT8frejE

dagod16
01-20-2015, 09:16 PM
In the video it's the lockout switch that is the problem. My lockout switch is not the problem.

Maybe I should take the door off and look at this harness.

Joliet Johnny
01-29-2016, 12:59 PM
I've been fighting this too. I got it narrowed down to a broken wire or two in my harness. I grabbed that boot from the body to the door and wiggled it and squeezed it and everything is working now.

Pinkyman
01-29-2016, 01:26 PM
I had this issue when i bought my Xj. None of the windows worked at all. So i took the door panel off and started checking the continuity of the wires.

Then i found the cause.
http://www.xjtalk.com/showthread.php?t=20692&page=2

*Photobucket is down, but theres a picture of it on post #30

slvmart
01-30-2016, 04:58 AM
The wires between the door and the body can break. I just bypassed the wires in my harness with newer wire. Solder them in and use heat shrink.

The Drivers Door Module is another frequent problem. This primarily effects the windows, any location. This is often fixed by bypassing, or maybe more accurately jumpering between, several wires behind the kick panel. I found with my DDM that the biggest problem is that over the years, where the wires are soldered to the circuit board, the solder joints stress and they lose contact. They can be resoldered, or depending on your financial situation, you can still buy a new module. They are around $70.

dagod16
02-09-2016, 04:36 AM
I finally took it to a local guy and he fixed it for $90. I hate messing with the wires. I can never figure it out. He also looked at the wires going to the rear wiper. After he took the panel off the rear he said a whole bunch of wires were about to break. So I got everything fixed.