PDA

View Full Version : Not the happiest day.

Philxj4L
01-15-2015, 08:49 AM
I've had better days it must be said. My finger has been on the trigger for some time now, today was the day I stuck my hand down my trousers, grabbed myself by the gentlemans vegetables, and squeezed the trigger.
The Jeep is now on eBay, and my keys will be metaphorically 'hung up'

Brasscatz
01-15-2015, 09:37 AM
Sad day indeed.... after all the custom work to it. I know you have a reason to do it, but I hope everything works out, mate.

4.3LXJ
01-15-2015, 10:17 AM
Sad day indeed Phil. Just when you were having such a good time with aux lighting

Mudderoy
01-15-2015, 12:08 PM
Phil it got you this far, and may even help get you a little farther (financially). You'll have memories and pictures, and of course all the friends (and blinded enemies) you made along the way.

It's just time for a new chapter in your life.

NW99XJ
01-15-2015, 12:16 PM
Hopefully this isn't the end of Jeeps in your life.
We all gotta do what we gotta do.
Your reasons are your own, hopefully the regret wont weigh too heavy on you.
Safe travels Phil, and good luck with your ventures....
Don't be a stranger K? ... just because you don't own a Jeep anymore (or soon to be without it anyways) .... doesn't mean you still cant pop in and say hey every now and again.

xj4life2
01-15-2015, 12:24 PM
Getting rid of your Jeep is not the end of the world , there are plenty more around should the opportunity arise, Hard to believe its been 3 years since I sold mine but have never looked back. I still pop in here from time to time just to say hi and read while I wait for my next "project" to show up.

cantab27
01-15-2015, 07:24 PM
yep sold mine .......now got two jeeps .......still miss first xj .....it happens

autotech98
01-15-2015, 08:45 PM
Sorry to hear it Phil.Liked a lot of the mods on yours gave me some ideas.

XJ Wheeler
01-15-2015, 11:51 PM
Sucks this is necessary but i'm sure it is. Hopefully soon you'll be back in a jeep, giving the silly hothatch drivers a show!

Sent via messenger pigeon - i talk, he types.

abebehrmann
01-16-2015, 08:04 AM
Sorry you have to sell your Jeep. You'll always be a Jeeper at heart though.

Mudderoy
01-16-2015, 10:27 PM
Getting rid of your Jeep is not the end of the world , there are plenty more around should the opportunity arise, Hard to believe its been 3 years since I sold mine but have never looked back. I still pop in here from time to time just to say hi and read while I wait for my next "project" to show up.

Been wondering where you've been...

Philxj4L
01-18-2015, 07:42 AM
Well, the deed is done. Cherokee sold yesterday, and as a' bit of a sweetner, it sold for very strong money by UK prices. MOT test tomorrow lunchtime and the new owner can take it away.
Unfortunatly due to the MS, that will be my last 'full size' Jeep. I am planning a spec'd up axial wraith next. :)

4.3LXJ
01-18-2015, 11:01 AM
Glad you got good money for it Phil.