PDA

View Full Version : blower inop

prerunner1982
01-06-2015, 06:27 PM
Ok... so while back the fan would only work on high. Probably blower resistor pack, no biggy, went with just high for while. Well.... high stopped working too. With high temps in the low 20s tomorrow I thought I might want to fix the issue.

Replaced resistor pack, checked fuse, checked blower, replaced plug for blower speed switch (melted), cleaned switch contacts, and cleaned contacts inside the heater mode selector (where you select vent, defrost, etc)....... still doesn't work.

Any suggestions?

Brasscatz
01-06-2015, 07:46 PM
I was going to suggest relay, but if it worked only on high before, I'm leaning switch right now. Even though it's cleaned, it can still have broken bits inside (unless you took it apart to clean it and it checked out ok). Curious about the melted plug though.... surge of power or bad wiring maybe?

prerunner1982
01-06-2015, 07:57 PM
Melted plug is apparently pretty common. Where is the relay?

Mudderoy
01-06-2015, 10:14 PM
Any time something is melted and not working, I'd check fuse and relay.

HeepJr
01-07-2015, 01:23 PM

must be common mine is melted also except all mine work but high.

4.3LXJ
01-07-2015, 02:35 PM

Melted plug is very common due to the amount of current going through it. There is no relay on yours, just a 25A fuse under the dash

prerunner1982
01-07-2015, 05:48 PM
ok guys... got the blower going, it just doesn't work in the VENT setting, only bi-level, heat, and defrost but it works in all speeds. The blower motor resistor was definitely part of the problem, the melted switch plug didn't help, and the contacts inside the mode selector were pretty nasty as well. However, now it's not blowing warm/hot air. Blend door isn't working just have to figure out what I did...or didn't do while I had it apart. Thanks for the help.

prerunner1982
01-09-2015, 10:21 AM
The last issue ended up being the valve under the hood that wasn't allowing coolant to go to the heater core.