PDA

View Full Version : Dielectric grease and light bulb grease???

nickyg
01-04-2015, 06:11 AM
I use dielectric grease on every connection I service. (sensors, spark plug boots, bulbs)..

While engaged in water cooler talk with some coworkers the subject came up. The three of us can't come to any kind of agreement. Maybe you guys can help put this subject to rest.

1. Dielectric grease and light bulb grease are two different products and preform two different functions?

2. Dielectric grease / light bulb grease are not necessary and are a way for auto parts stores to make extra money selling it to dumb losers who don't know better.

3. Dielectric grease /light bulb grease do more harm then good. they either melt and short out or thicken to a glue like substance

4. little ceasers pretzel crust pizza just sounds gross.

4.3LXJ
01-04-2015, 10:31 AM
As far as I know, dielectric grease is simply a corrosion preventative/waterproofing agent. And pretzel crust just does not belong. Somebody wandered in from the pretzel place in the mall

nickyg
01-04-2015, 03:54 PM
As far as I know, dielectric grease is simply a corrosion preventative/waterproofing agent. And pretzel crust just does not belong. Somebody wandered in from the pretzel place in the mall
My thoughts exactly. dielectric grease can't hurt. and as far as pretzel crust goes.. Pretzel and pizza don't mix. I like waffles but not a waffle milkshake.

4.3LXJ
01-04-2015, 03:57 PM
Hmmmm, cheese on waffles with a side of tomato sauce. Is this the start of a new fad?

XJ Wheeler
01-04-2015, 04:43 PM
I agree with Steve, and the best crust is garlic! Pretzel sounds exhausting, always too tough.

Sent via messenger pigeon - i talk, he types.

WhiteDevil1311
01-05-2015, 07:38 AM
Dialectic grease and bulb grease are 100% silicone it prevents corrosion by eliminating moisture penetration. It doesnt thicken infact it thins to a white chalk like dust when its lifespan is over. Its not a gimmick it actually works.
Little ceasars can eat a fart. That pizza is nasty. I think it the fact your mind wants pizza but taste buds say soggy cheesy pretzel.