PDA

View Full Version : When SHTF

denverd1
12-31-2014, 03:10 PM
• PREPPING 101: WATER STORAGE, PURIFICATION, FILTRATION & WINTER
http://www.gunsamerica.com/l/5299DAED-C861-4B74-A9C5-B7B424E6745C/s4P7X/20141230_YIR-Prep_96.htm

• PREPPING 101: FOOD STORAGE – BEYOND CAT FOOD BUCKETS & TOTES
• PREPPING 101: SEEDS – DON’T SCREW IT UP!
• PREPPING 101: SURVIVAL MEDICINE
• PREPPING 101: CATASTROPHIC RADIATION EVENTS & HOW TO SURVIVE
• PREPPING 101: RADIO COMMUNICATIONS – WHEN TV, RADIO & INTERNET GO DARK
• PREPPING 101: PIECING SOLAR POWER SYSTEMS FOR SHTF
• PREPPING 101: SURVIVING A RADIATION EVENT
• PREPPING 101: EMP ATTACK – ELECTRO-MAGNETIC PULSE – NATURAL & NUCLEAR
• PREPPING 101: LIVE WELL! TIPS TO MAKE SURVIVAL NOT SUCK!
• PREPPING 101: CHEAP FIREPOWER - THIS IS MY RIFLE
• PREPPING 101: THE $100 SURVIVAL WOODSTOVE
• PREPPING 101: THE SUN OVEN - PRODUCT REVIEW
• PREPPING 101: SOLAR GENERATOR BASICS - HARBOR FREIGHT KIT REVIEW
• PREPPING 101: CUSTOM PRINTED TOPOGRAPHIC SATELLITE MAPS - MYTOPO FROM TRIMBLE
• PREPPING 101: EVERYDAY CARRY AND THE GET HOME GUN
• PREPPING 101: PERIMETER ALARMS - LOW TECH SECURITY FOR $20
• PREPPING 101: EBOLA IN THE US! - 100% PREVENTION & TREATMENT
• PREPPING 101: DIY GEIGER COUNTER – THE BASICS OF MEASURING RADIATION
• PREPPING 101: NETWORK FREE GPS TOPO MAPS FOR ANDROID, IPAD, IPHONE
• PREPPING 101: LESSONS FROM PLANET OF THE APES
• PREPPING 101: PEDAL POWERED GENERATOR – K-TOR POWER BOX
• PREPPING 101: OFF THE GRID HAND CRANK MIXER & FOOD PROCESSOR
• PREPPING 101: FLAMELESS FOOD HEATERS - NEW PRODUCT REVIEW - MEALSPEC RATION HEATER
• PREPPING 101: HOW TO MAKE SOAP
• PREPPING 101: BOWIE KNIFE VS. KUKRI KNIFE - WHAT'S YOUR FIGHTING KNIFE?

denverd1
12-31-2014, 03:13 PM
Tried to copy all the articles, but they can be found here. Good mix of topics. I've done maybe 2 or 3 of these. Have guns+ammo, water filtration and about 2 months of food for us and the animals. I know a few of you got into a Jeep for its go anywhere capabilities in a SHTF situation. Would like to start a dialog with you guys and maybe check a few more off the list.

http://www.gunsamerica.com/blog/category/prepping-survival-tips-index/

cantab27
12-31-2014, 03:19 PM
we must live in a different world ....didn't need half that stuff when it went bang down here ......had jeep and did use to get family out .....have kit still ...one of the smallest things I didn't have but carry now is cash .........

denverd1
01-01-2015, 05:31 PM
I don't think all of it is necessary. You can spend a lot of time and money "prepping" for something that will likely never happen. Just thought I'd share the info

Firemanray
01-01-2015, 07:17 PM
We had this discussion on a local jeep FB page about a "bug out" pack. All I need is a couple of bottles of water and some granola bars, everything else I can aquire with my AR and a couple of thousand rounds of ammo. Ammo is a very good bargaining tool, however it's used.:D

cpttuna
01-01-2015, 09:12 PM
Bottom line in prepping: If you don't have it ,you can't S_ _ _ it. You still have to acquire the couple bottles of water, the granola bars the AR and the ammo. In a SHTF scenario, You may have problems even if you have the money to buy what you want.

Firemanray
01-01-2015, 11:47 PM
Bottom line in prepping: If you don't have it ,you can't S_ _ _ it. You still have to acquire the couple bottles of water, the granola bars the AR and the ammo. In a SHTF scenario, You may have problems even if you have the money to buy what you want.

Yep, we learned some hard lessons with hurricane Rita. We keep about a weeks worth of food and water stocked all the time. We rotate stock so it doesn't get old. I keep enough 2nd amendment supplies to supply a small army. I'm not a prepper but I'm prepared.

denverd1
01-02-2015, 05:24 PM
We had this discussion on a local jeep FB page about a "bug out" pack. All I need is a couple of bottles of water and some granola bars, everything else I can aquire with my AR and a couple of thousand rounds of ammo. Ammo is a very good bargaining tool, however it's used.:D

I'd agree with you on most of that. One of the things that I've thought about a lot is the transition from civilian life to marshall law. I guess one should act first lest he be acted upon, but at what point do you show up armed at your neighbors and start demanding things?

Do you team up with neighbors and friends who are similarly prepared? When do you start shooting hungry neighbors? (Ammo is expensive) do you eat dead neighbors? haha!! kidding with that last one!!

Do you get out into the country to avoid the masses and hopefully shooting/eating your neighbors? Eventually head back into town for "lunch" once the squirrels and deer are gone?

just having a discussion here. obviously 1000 scenarios that affect how severe things get and how quickly, just wondering how it plays out in yalls heads..

Firemanray
01-02-2015, 09:54 PM
I wouldn't go hunting people down. I would search out like minded people and either team up with them our barter and trade to aquire my needs. The selective dispersion of hot lead would be reserved for those who would choose to act barbaric. I have pre selected my bug out areas so it would just be a matter of getting to the location.

cpttuna
01-02-2015, 10:11 PM
When Toledo had water problems because of the algae problems in Lake Erie, Our town was just about bought out of bottled water by people from Toledo stocking up. We are about 40+ miles from Toledo. The bottled water place in town where you can fill up 5 gallon jugs had better than 50 cars in line for fill-up for a long period of time. It's just makes good sense to have extra of some things on hand. I choose to do this. others may not.

denverd1
01-03-2015, 12:52 AM
Failing to plan is planning to fail. Just trying to protect and supply my family. Yea it's crazy how fast small supplies fly off shelves of local stores. Rita knocked power out in my area for about 3 days. Got crazy all the way up in East Texas. Good to hear yalls take on things

autotech98
01-08-2015, 07:58 AM
Was down in Miami after Andrew with the Air Force (Civil Engineering..CE leads the way!) And saw how guickly people can turn to animals when basic goods and services are unavailable. You must protect you and yours first. Luckily i live in a rural area and have a large like minded family i can count on. Everyone thinks preppers are nuts and some csn take it to extremes but but i agree withe denverd1 better to be prepared and not need it than be left in the wind