PDA

View Full Version : Recent outage of xjtalk sites

Mudderoy
12-19-2014, 11:50 PM
AT&T was here today and they took the Internet connection down for a while.

We didn't do it today, but for future reference if you like the xjtalk page, or follow us on Twitter we will have a way to let you know of site outages.

All of our social media options are at the top of the page.

bluedragon436
12-19-2014, 11:53 PM
Was wondering what had happened, I was on one minute chatting and surfing the site, and next thing I know it was down... Why did they take it offline?? Was it due to their equipment, or them not liking the usage amount or something??

nickyg
12-20-2014, 12:33 AM
I was totally confused because I was nowhere near a toaster oven today.

Mayooo
12-20-2014, 12:48 AM
Phew!!! Thought it was on my end..

Mudderoy
12-20-2014, 01:37 AM
Was wondering what had happened, I was on one minute chatting and surfing the site, and next thing I know it was down... Why did they take it offline?? Was it due to their equipment, or them not liking the usage amount or something??

Our TV service wasn't working on our DVR. They sent me another one that wouldn't work at all, so they said a tech had to come out. He tried two more NEW DVRs none of them worked. Finally they wanted to reset the AT&T gateway to factory defaults. That means "we" go down until I reprogram it.

That fixed the TV issue. :P Guy was here like two hours.

Normally I figure out and fix this stuff myself, but the other receiver we have was working fine, so resetting the gateway to factory defaults didn't seem like a reasonable fix to me, but after you try everything else.

The next step would have been to replace the gateway.

I put in an order to bump our Internet connection from 24 mbps to 75 mbps! So they'll be changing out that gateway, hopefully on the 24th, and our upload speed should double, helping all you guys with faster screen updates from xjtalk. :D

I'm also hopeful that this will be one more step necessary to broadcast full HD video for the LIVE video podcasts. :D Nothing better than HD Tony and Josh! :headbag: :smiley-laughing021:

bluedragon436
12-20-2014, 01:43 AM
Sounds like a nice deal... Figured it was something like that when you said they had come out... Glad you got everything working again that you are paying for

XJ Wheeler
12-20-2014, 01:55 AM
Wasn't sure if it was me or not then saw both the phone and laptop weren't getting on so... just glad it wasn't longer. :p

Sounds like a decent upgrade coming up for the site!

Sent via messenger pigeon - i talk, he types.

4.3LXJ
12-20-2014, 10:38 AM
I just figured you needed to take care of something on your end. And you did.

Brasscatz
12-20-2014, 11:34 AM
Dammit Tony, you're fired ;)

drakan1908
12-20-2014, 01:30 PM
Dammit Tony, you're fired ;)
Darn seasonal workers. Just can't find good help anymore.:D

prerunner1982
12-22-2014, 08:56 AM
Hey Tony... Thanks for everything you do for this site.

You're a good guy, I don't care what anyone else says about you.

Mudderoy
12-22-2014, 09:26 AM
Hey Tony... Thanks for everything you do for this site.

You're a good guy, I don't care what anyone else says about you.

Possible/probably outage on Christmas Eve day. They are doing the upgrade to 74mb then.

prerunner1982
12-22-2014, 09:32 AM
What about the Christmas eve XJTalkshow special? Will it still be available?

Mudderoy
12-22-2014, 09:34 AM
What about the Christmas eve XJTalkshow special? Will it still be available?

Yes. That is hosted by Libsyn so it will not be affected by the outage. The xjtalkshow.com site will be down, but if you follow/friend/circle on social media you'll be able to get the link.

abebehrmann
12-22-2014, 10:01 AM
I'm also hopeful that this will be one more step necessary to broadcast full HD video for the LIVE video podcasts. :D Nothing better than HD Tony and Josh! :headbag: :smiley-laughing021:

YEESH!! Standard def was bad enough. Time to start taking off the ol' glasses when watching Youtube. :smiley-taunt002::smiley-scared003::smiley-taunt002: