PDA

View Full Version : Lunati voodoo can

Pookapotamus
12-18-2014, 09:52 PM
Any one have experience with this cam or company? Part number ending in 700

I'm considering swapping out my comp cams extreme 4x4 cam, Tony's recent engine failure, and Mort's valvetrain is starting to get louder, kinda has me worried. Plus I want to degree the cam and do a little work to the block and connecting rods and change the length of the pushrods.

These cams are very very close to each other and I keep hearing about problems with the 4x4 cam. Now I haven't pulled the valve cover and pulled out the lifters yet to check, and if the cam is still good I will probably keep it, but if it is starting to wear I want it gone, but want to stay close to the advantages of this cam, like I said the specs on the voodoo are very close and $200 to swap it is not bad.

So anyone know anything about them???

bluedragon436
12-18-2014, 11:33 PM
Don't know anything about them as far as the 4.0 goes, but when I was in HS I helped a guy install their 383ci engine kit in his Camino's engine, and that thing was a beast and he ran it hard every weekend at the track, and DD'd it every day for many years after the build... with no issues... and know of a few others that run Lunati cams in their LS's and 350's with no issues... so I'd think should be good on the 4.0... then again Comp Cam's has awesome years worth of products..

denverd1
12-19-2014, 10:21 AM
good cams. some of them pretty high lift, so just make sure your springs and valve retainers are up to the lift although the 4.0 doesn't spin too fast.

Pookapotamus
12-19-2014, 08:46 PM
I'm going to have to pull the valve cover and do some inspecting, thanks for the info guys, the voodoo can is looking like a great option

denverd1
12-20-2014, 04:13 AM
Can't wait to hear your feedback

Love a good cam swap. Roller lifts pls?

BTW don't know what that lunati will run but you could get a custom cam for close....