PDA

View Full Version : Trans line connection

XJ Wheeler
12-16-2014, 12:53 AM
Hey guys, I have been battling leaks with my lower transmission line fitting at the bottom of the radiator, drivers side. I have tried fixing it again but I would like to have another option should this once again fail. So I was wanting to know if anyone has experience with cutting the metal crimped end off the line and just sticking the hose over the fitting with a hose clamp? If not, how about opinions? I just want this fixed once and for all.

Sorry about the pic but its the best I have right now. Its the one on the bottom.

cantab27
12-16-2014, 01:52 AM
i used hose clips on mine ....think I've done the same on the tj ,,,,,,so many trans swaps i forget what jeep ive done em to....:bang::D

XJ Wheeler
12-16-2014, 03:24 AM
i used hose clips on mine ....think I've done the same on the tj ,,,,,,so many trans swaps i forget what jeep ive done em to....:bang::D

Yeah, I figure it'll work but I don't have another so I don't want to ruin this one if it doesn't work. I bet swapping engines out makes adapting everything fun.

bigjim350
12-16-2014, 06:22 AM
Just use two hose clamps and it should work fine. Its not that much pressure.

xj-jake
12-16-2014, 03:32 PM
I had that done to my 88 when I had that one. Still not leaking to this day as far as I know.

XJ Wheeler
12-16-2014, 07:10 PM
Thanks guys. Glad to hear it works so i have a back up plan. I don't want to have done a weeks worth of decorating to it just so it can sit in the yard. :rolleyes:

Sent via messenger pigeon - i talk, he types.