PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT????

GoneFishing
12-11-2014, 12:53 AM
What do you guys think about this vehicle? I had a quick look at a brochure when I went into my local Jeep dealer for a diff issue on my 2000 XJ. It has me pondering an upgrade..
I think they look great, anyone know if they would make a good daily driver/ family car?

abebehrmann
12-11-2014, 08:12 AM
I think they're awesome! Other than not being a real off-roading vehicle, what's not to like about a 470hp Hemi in a Jeep?!

Philxj4L
12-11-2014, 08:35 AM
I was just goning to say, HEMI ! And filthy dirty sound track. :D :D :D

Mudderoy
12-11-2014, 08:42 AM
No interest in anything Jeep sells with the possible exception of the 4 door JK, and that's only because it would be new. The 2003 TJ we have is better built, or at least that is what I've been told. If God dropped one in my driveway, I'd play around with it and then my wife, or the girls would drive it. And that's only if God said I couldn't sell it. Boy that would buy a lot of Jeep parts. :D

4.3LXJ
12-11-2014, 10:00 AM
They can be used for a family car, a pretty quick one. They are AWD I think. I can't remember what transfer case they have. But you will pay for it with gas I think unless they have the system where 4 cyl turn off on cruising speeds

XJ Wheeler
12-11-2014, 06:02 PM
I love the first gen model. Honestly can't stand the minivan styling of the '11 and newer grands. But srts have a good reputation for being fast. And a bargain for the amount of speed. 0-60 mph in 4.9 seconds is nothing to scoff at. I would love a '06-'10 and take it to sealy to have Hennessey slap on twin screws. :D

But as far as doing anything offroad... i don't think so! It probably wouldn't ever see dirt.

Sent via messenger pigeon - i talk, he types.

07Negative
12-12-2014, 10:01 AM
I drove the 1st generation SRT and it was pretty impressive. One of my patients from work special ordered a new and got it about 4 months ago. They let me drive it. It's design is better than the 1st one and it's got balls beyond reason. The gas mileage in it is absolutely horrible! But if I was made of money, I'd floss one. It's a real pleasure to drive. Super comfy, has everything you'd ever need. And the styling of it to me is killer. But now you are talking $70K. I'd rather have a Chevy Duramax.